AC Primera BTCC @ Croft - Monday 20 Jan 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This car is so much fun :geek: amazing. I guess it is normal that as soon as you floor it, the front becomes very very light? I almost thought that something with my force feedback isn`t right.

C'mon guys, have a think about joining - just 5 -7 of you will help - use it or you lose it
Right now I'm afraid it's not looking good for me but I remain hopeful that I'll be free - looks like a good one if I can make it.
Btw, you should be aware that the tags of the users don't appear to have worked (I didn't get an alert because you named me, but because I was already watching the thread). If you switch to bbcode mode you'll see that they are [USER] tags around the @ symbol which seems to break it. To rub salt into the wound, you can't add user tags ("mentions" in Xenforo-speak) to a post by editing it - only the tags which are there at the time you first post a message will send out alerts to the users in question...

Right now I'm afraid it's not looking good for me but I remain hopeful that I'll be free - looks like a good one if I can make it.
Btw, you should be aware that the tags of the users don't appear to have worked (I didn't get an alert because you named me, but because I was already watching the thread). If you switch to bbcode mode you'll see that they are [USER] tags around the @ symbol which seems to break it. To rub salt into the wound, you can't add user tags ("mentions" in Xenforo-speak) to a post by editing it - only the tags which are there at the time you first post a message will send out alerts to the users in question...
Thanks for that Neil, really appreciated - another plan is required! So I guess if I edit it it still won't work. Dayum, I don't want to get into trouble for spamming :laugh:

I’m already signed up for this one John.

I am at a loss to know what makes a full field or an empty one,

I can remember fields of 40+ cannot blame ACC anymore.:(

I’m already signed up for this one John.

I am at a loss to know what makes a full field or an empty one,

I can remember fields of 40+ cannot blame ACC anymore.:(

You and me both Ernie, I have tried a lot of different things, but none really work ..I am three weeks ahead of myself now and using six servers, another tactic that does not appear to make any difference :(

You and me both Ernie, I have tried a lot of different things, but none really work ..I am three weeks ahead of myself now and using six servers, another tactic that does not appear to make any difference :(
Just a thought Craig (...tho mine aren't too reliable :p) - I like having lots of time to practice at leisure, though how about a 'reminder post/e-shot/announcement' about a week before the event to catch those that forgot? I guess it's a ball ache doing that :unsure:

Just a thought Craig (...tho mine aren't too reliable :p) - I like having lots of time to practice at leisure, though how about a 'reminder post/e-shot/announcement' about a week before the event to catch those that forgot? I guess it's a ball ache doing that :unsure:

Yeah I have already done it once, but yes a good idea ...I think I went a bit to far though, I think 2 weeks notice would be fine...this would also allow me to use mods almost as they are released :thumbsup: ...the magic number is ten, with ten drivers you can make things work, once you start going below ten you can get problems.

Yeah I have already done it once, but yes a good idea ...I think I went a bit to far though, I think 2 weeks notice would be fine...this would also allow me to use mods almost as they are released :thumbsup: ...the magic number is ten, with ten drivers you can make things work, once you start going below ten you can get problems.

I would run with 8 drivers providing the skill level was not top heavy ..I mean if you had eight advanced drivers fine, but if you had seven advanced drivers and one not so advanced, the event will be a bad one for him ..I hope you understand what I am trying to say ....I want a good experience for every driver.

Over the next couple of weeks a clearer picture should emerge about what attracts people.
With the introduction of old cars on long circuits.
That being the only missing piece from the puzzle.
So far it seems that, of late, the mx5 produces the most interest on known circuits, this car certainly gives fast drivers a distinct advantage ( some unbelievably fast times achieved ).
The older cars certainly seem to close the gap between the fast drivers and the mid fielders.
But with the disadvantage that beginners can find them dauntingly difficult.
Front wheel drive cars on the other hand do the same but are usually more beginner friendly, but do not seems to create a large amount of interest.

Example is the Calibra 4 wheel drive DTM, all things to all men, difficult to get good performance, fast, high reving engine ( not the best sounding though ).
But very easy for beginners to drive, challenging for every one, great circuit, great car, “ no one seems interested?????

Stumped. :(

Just one idea, mid week league, maybe based over
2 months or more,with a points system, using the same circuit and car variations.

?????

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies