Preview: DTM Experience by Simbin

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Preview: DTM Experience by Simbin

After visiting the Dutch round of the DTM series I was lucky enough to have a sneak peek at SimBin's newest racing project "DTM Experience" that will be released for PC this winter. Time for a little hands-on preview.

The last time I've played an official licensed DTM game was back in the days of Codemasters' DTM Race Driver 3 which wasn't particular a full blown sim. Apart from the car models, liveries, tracks and driver names it didn't offer me an experience like in DTM Race Driver...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
I have the problem that i can drive only some laps. After 4-5 laps the game freeze shortly and then the car is flying threw the textures and the game is crashing to the desktop. It's every time the same and it will always happened if i drive over the finish line (with ghost on and off).

Edit: Raceroom Experience work fine on my system

AMD Athlon II X4 640, HD7850, Win8 32 bit, 4GB

I have the problem that i can drive only some laps. After 4-5 laps the game freeze shortly and then the car is flying threw the textures and the game is crashing to the desktop. It's every time the same and it will always happened if i drive over the finish line (with ghost on and off).

I get the same. Will post a video later on.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Finally my brake problem solved, turns it out ive had Logitech profiler running in compatability miode for 1,5 years which gave me a shitload of problems. Im glad I found out but I wonder how it even got that way.

Anyway, fired up the preview and holy **** its brilliant. I kind of lost all hope in Simbin with R3E, but all the problems I had with that are now solved in this preview. Input lag, stuttering, bad framerate, horrible loose ffb feel. it now looks and feels absolutely amazing, the next gen games finally seem to really be next gen :D

Tried the game too.
I think it drives allright. The forcefeedback is good enough even on default values imo.

Only thing that was a bit strange was, that I tried it in Get Real mode and I thought the entire time that I had traction-control and ABS on, atleast it felt like I would imagine it with both beeing enabled.

If this gets the full rule-system with all tire-compounds, weather ect. this could be quite nice.

btw got the same crash-problem too than some others have

I get the same. Will post a video later on.

EDIT:
Hi. Had fun with this demo but as mentioned above I always get a freeze and crash to desktop after 3 laps, which I do not know how to solve. Can anyone help?
PC specs: Intel 975 xtreme @3.4GHz, 650ti GPU.
It does not BSOD but freezes and does not allow any alt/control/delete access to Task manager to stop process etc. I have to reboot the PC while the freeze is happening to get out of the game. No such problem with any other programmes such as GTR2 P&G Race 07, rFactor, GTL or pCars or CPU/GPU hungry FSX

You'll get used to it. I find it very elegant and modern.
i wont ;-)
i also skipped RR because of that menu
have had it installed for a while ,but removed it al together

but its ok ,i still have the race series,nk pro,ac,ferrari va ,rf2 ,ftruck and many more
so plenty of options to go racing online

the bmw gt2 in ac has a similair feel ,and better physics ,,im sure we have a DTM championship going in no time within AC

After driving all 3 of the latest physic engined sims, i must say i can swap between this and AC
far easier than this and Rfactor 2, but i still love all 3 the same for what each has to offer,
and when we get multiplayer i will be in sim heaven.

Oh happy days :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea