Practice race at Wednesday

My view as a driver:

I suggest we go for the 2x18 laps variant tonight as I think that could be quite entertaining considering the amount of guys that have signed up :)

I think the 2 race setup should be the permanent solution for practice races, it offers better practice when it comes to race starts (2 starts) and traffic handling. It is also more forgiving as you get a second chance if you are unlucky in the first race. This is useful as everybody naturally are less prepared for the practice race than the real race.

But more importantly it is good fun some variety, and the 2xrace setup with the reverse top 8 order in the second race can be very entertaining to compete in I think :)

I believe if everybody participating are focused on doing two steady races and also are a bit competitive this can be a very fun event, if you get within the top 8 in the first race you are in for some more fun the next :)

Anyone wishing for normal 36 laps race?

01. Nicolai
02. Nicolas
03. Alex
04. Sean
05. Valter
06. Anthony I.
07. Kurt (if home in time)
08. Valerio
09. Fabrice
10. McCradic [work permitting]
11. Vincenzo ( I'll try )
12. David Turnbull (pretty sure ill be there, 2 race would be fine in my view)

Thank you Vale and Bob :)

I obviously had two very enjoyable races, and I am very happy about my preformance tonight, thinking first and foremost about the fact that I made almost no mistakes, except a wide in t1 in the first race. It should also be mentioned that Valter held the same pace as me most of the second race, I was not able to close the gap before he made a mistake towards the end. I also noticed his qual time was 0,003 off mine :)

For each race this season I have done less and less hotlap practice and more and more stint practice. More spesifically, I learn the track with super soft and maybe 4 laps fuel. When my time is maybe 2-3 seconds off the benchmark (Jere and Reik) I start doing stint practice.

I think the hotlap practice often gets very frustrating. As I push for a new PB, I might do a small mistake, and I might as well press esc and do another outlap.

I find stint practice more enjoyable. Here my goal is to to do each lap as fast (or faster) as the one before without making major mistakes throughout the stint. After the stint I look at the telemetry and adjust the setup to acheive more even tyre wear and better balance.

One practice session takes me about 40 minutes, I start up the slow starting game, :) join a 18 lap server, do one hotlap attempt, mostly to refresh the track in my mind, and then I do a stint.

I do some hotlap practice the last hour or so before the race to have it fresh in mind when qualify starts.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%