Power and Torque figures for cars with adjustable turbo boost

• Thread starter Deleted member 1066209
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1066209

• Deleted member 1066209

Hi all. I've been driving cars with adjustable turbo boost pressures - such as the Ruf CTR Yellowbird, Ferrari 312T, and Lotus 98T - and have been wondering about their power and torque outputs at various boost pressures.

The power and torque curves in Content Manager aren't adjustable for changes in boost pressures, nor do they even specify which boost pressure is being used for the available curves (I'm assuming it's 100% though).

Do any of you knowledgeable folks know how I could determine the appropriate curves while accounting for varying levels of boost? Thanks!

Curves in CM are a UI thing that bears no technical connection to the data. So there's no one answer that's always correct; they can be set up however they wanted. Most of the time it's showing "crank horsepower" meaning 15-20% higher than the actual power. And as for boost... if they were auto-generated by CM they'll use 100% otherwise it's arbitrary amounts. Probably shows the default turbo setting on Kunos cars.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

Oh I see. In that case, I'm willing to settle for peak numbers instead. Do you know how I could determine those peak figures for non-default turbo settings?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.