Post your minidumps here

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
If the game causes any minidumps and a crash-to-desktop, please post them in this thread so that people can have a look at it.

Please stay on topic here and just report the minidumpfile as an attachment with a little description what happened

You can find your minidump files here:
Code:
 C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YourSteamUsername\race 07\Minidump

minidumps contain quite interesting info, unfortunatly not much for the cause of a crash, and it does contain some personal data you may or not wish to share with people. Oh yea.. if your interprising try running... "strings" and then pipe part of that file to a ROT13 decoder... funny stuff.

• Mojo66

Keep in mind that minidumps contain the Steam login, so make sure your password isn't trivial befor posting a minidump here.

• 19ac087

These problems are beginning when you're installing mods.

My game doesn't want to start Monza anymore :( It's a stock track.
The rest of the game is fine only when I'm trying to race on Monza it gives me a minidump. Link to screenshot
When I do an uninstall, delete the Program Files folder and a clean install without mods it will run fine!

It's pretty crap because I can't finish my championship and Monza will not start in practice mode or time attack neither.

http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naamloosgl0.jpg

• 19ac087

Allready fixed the problem... :p

My solution for when your game is crashing at the loading screen of a track:

* Install the game on a backup disk or other space then C:\program files\

* When it was ready, I did copy the two Monza folders from the new install and pasted them in them c:\Program Files\Simbin\GTR Evolution\GameData. For sure, you can first remove the track which is causing the trouble from C:\Program Files\Simbin\... and after that paste the fresh folder.

* When it's crashing on a add-on track, then just try to remove it and maybe try another add-on.

This did work for me and should work for anyone in case of other track crashes!!

You will need to install the game on an other location then c:\Program Files because you need the files that aren't available ondisc!!!

• 19ac087

I'm working offline but thanks for the tip!

This was just a test and will get my proper version from my girlfriend with Christmas :clap:
And will be join you guys online to give you some drivinglessons :quiet::dance2:

• Richard Birchall

The Main problem I have with Minidumps is not online games, it's with trying to play on LAN, Limerock Mountain doesn't like playing online :( Really good track tho, offline against AI its fine but can't Host a game, crashes to Minidump as soon as gets into the menu.. Unsure if this will be fixed soon.
Also I have noticed Race07 save's a .txt file with issues with Custom skins. but most of the skins work offline and online on the official tracks with the game..
These problem are putting me off the game.. annoying :(

having minidump after installing
1) GTR2
2) track update:preluk 1974 v.1.0 GTR_Evolution ADDON track

problem: file is too big even when zipped.
any other way to post minidump?

advance thanks

forget it! I'm just going to reinstall everything

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies