Post Pictures thread (Part 2)

Find the screenshot thread part 1: here

A project..

screenshot082copy.jpg

I require a sacrifice! 5 goats 2 sheep 31 llama and a rooster.

Actually, only primitive gods require such sacrifices. The reason is obvious too.. primitive
people believe in primitive gods because they are unable to comprehend the irrationalities of
life, so they attribute the uncontrollable and primitive forces within themselves and the world
to a deity.

It is, in my opinion, an attempt to regain the belief of being an autonom (self-provided)
being within a heteronom (controlled) universe. The sacrifices serve as attempts to please
the uncontrollable powers with the fruit of human labour, thereby proving that man is not
only autonom, but also in control of the unpredictable powers (since they can please them
with gifts). As such, these "gods" are nothing more than mans own fear of a reality he
cannot control.

So, to sort of stay on topic, I think there was a typo in Zatras post.. I think he meant to
write moped dog.. ;) (j/k)

Sorry. Occupational hazard.. and a poor attempt at being funny.

So, to stay on topic, here is another shot of Badlands Revisited.
Since this, I have adjusted the grass texture so it is more on par
with the landscape.. and will add sounds like winds and the cry
of soaring eagles.. and maybe even some birds on the wires.
(If you don't like sounds you can disable them in the special.ini)

PS: Also moved grass a bit, and added grass in front of the small
gasstation and a path...

screenshot027.jpg

Yes, thanks :) I`m trying to improve sky texture, maybe to have more realistic clouds...

They are not bad.. a bit bright, but Racer still has a problem with light. I like the low clouds style you have,
if they were darker and more contrasted it would look like a storm up ahead.. gives some tension to the track ;)

@luthobu

So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that primitive "gods" are ontologically non-existent? ;) Hmm, even though Philosophy is my academic background, Theology is really my first love..

Back to the topic. Your work on the Badlands is great, the only reason I do not enjoy this track fully is because I don't like the "graveltrap" on the first bridge. As it came in the original file, I guess it's there to stay. Nevertheless, thank you for your effort to improve this track..

@twister77: Exactly my point, well spotted! No wonder Elijah could laugh at the priests of Baal ;) This does however raise some interesting questions if we apply existentialist analysis to our exegesis of the texts in question: Zatra's statement and Harey's respons. To make it short, Zatra makes an effective move, he places both the praise and the offer within the same uttering "harey the mopar god", thereby attributing to him (harey) the power of fulfilling a reality he (zatra) cannot himself realize, this being the possession of the car model.
I will leave it at that, else I could write an entire essay on these two posts, zatra's uttering and harey's respons ;)

Yes, I love theology too. Especially existentialist-theology, and hopefully I will be able to do my Ph.D. on that subject soon (I applied for a position in August, and the final decision will be made by the end of this month..)

Thanks for the comments on the track. The gravel trap is indeed annoying, and I am still looking for a way to fix it without violating any copyrights. If I could add a small piece of track above the trap without producing the dreaded sinking wheels problem, then it could work. I will look more into it tonight as I intend to add sounds and birds on the wires :)

Edit
: Found the gravel trap.. see attachment.. might be hard to fix without touching the originals..

Attachments

• graveltrap.jpg
    graveltrap.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 410
... I will leave it at that, else I could write an entire essay on these two posts, zatra's uttering and harey's response ;) ...

Ha, ha, there is enough material there not just for one essay, but for two! I hope your plans for Ph.D. work out, my graduate studies have to wait for now until the little ones I have grow a bit bigger..

Back to Badlands, your improvements on this track and all other cars/tracks you modify these days are appreciated.

-----------------
BTW, you are right about Elijah, he's the man (1 Kgs 18:27, LOL)

@twister77: Exactly my point, well spotted! No wonder Elijah could laugh at the priests of Baal ;) This does however raise some interesting questions if we apply existentialist analysis to our exegesis of the texts in question: Zatra's statement and Harey's respons. To make it short, Zatra makes an effective move, he places both the praise and the offer within the same uttering "harey the mopar god", thereby attributing to him (harey) the power of fulfilling a reality he (zatra) cannot himself realize, this being the possession of the car model.
I will leave it at that, else I could write an entire essay on these two posts, zatra's uttering and harey's respons ;)

Thanks for the comments on the track. The gravel trap is indeed annoying, and I am still looking for a way to fix it without violating any copyrights. If I could add a small piece of track above the trap without producing the dreaded sinking wheels problem, then it could work. I will look more into it tonight as I intend to add sounds and birds on the wires :)

Edit
: Found the gravel trap.. see attachment.. might be hard to fix without touching the originals..
bahaha love how that response has like unfolded the theologist in you. though I think I should of said for him to sacrfice 25 Chevys 25 Ford 25 Toyotas and 25 1/2 Hondas. I purely responded like I did for the fun of it though. I know what he really meant was not a god in that form, just the fact that I do have a number of Mopars in my stable.

and not too get too far OT (thats what the OT thread is for).

I'd hate to fall through your gravel trap there lol good place to put a speed bump maybe? or a nice little jump :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.