Post Pictures thread (Part 2)

Find the screenshot thread part 1: here

A project..

screenshot082copy.jpg

Still cleaning up Gizmos from time to time. Remembered that someone said they got confused by the roads and the lack of signs. So I have cleaned up a bit, added some stoppers and will add direction signs. Not working too much on this track, I needed a break from it, and am approaching it very slowly.. it really wore me down for a while.. anyway.. post pictures thread means images.. so here are..
-
highway_madness01.jpg

-
highway_madness02.jpg

That`s a nice stretch of road you have there...

A couple more.. moved some stuff around.. looks better, feels better..
Also notice the Z28, I have been tweaking it alot.. the wheels look
fantastic, and handling is superb.. the Z28 and the Cuda.. oh yeah! :)
-
g_update00.jpg

-
g_update01.jpg

--
And some more... (it IS a post pictures thread.. lol)
--
g_new01.jpg

--
g_new02.jpg

--
g_new03.jpg

That`s a nice stretch of road you have there...

Heh, thanks. And that is only the upper northern road that stretches from the
valley, past the industrial area, past the two mansions, Northern, the housing
area, the airport and the farms. ;)

@krisz: looks purple to me.. but the guy in the car looks like that singer..
whats his name? Last christmas and all that.. so..

Another thing.. I tried the latest LFS demo today.. it is totally amazing.. not only
does it look very good, the handling is fantastic. Sergio showed me some drift
videos, and I can hardly imagine that it is possible to do that in Racer, the
accuracy is amazing (search for LFS Drift Bible on youtube).

Just look at this screenie from an LFS video!! (09 wip Lfs drift - Worx )
-
lfs_drift.JPG

-
What I /would/ like to do in Racer, is get the same kind of textures, bumpmaps
and lighting.. looks very realistic and is pleasant on the eye.. so, if anyone has
a tutorial or some tips, please toss it my way.. I will catch!

Edit: I found a folder in the LFS directory called DDS where the textures live, and there is
nothing extraordinary about them, in fact, they don't look good at all.. low-res and small.
So the question is, how on earth do they manage to make it look so good in the game???

@francomk

I love your Tatra T813. I didn't even know that truck existed for Racer. It's sad that Tatra cars are not manufactured any more, they were exceptional, but at least Tatra is still making great trucks..

Oh well.. don't want to start a flame war here, but as a content developer (hereafter: CD)
myself I must confess that I find that "gimme" attitude slightly annoying. The CD's spend there
own free time and energy to create content, and as for me, I do it for myself and not primarily for
the community. If I share something it is because someone else shared it in the first place (as with
Small City 2009, Badlands, and one day to be released, Gizmo's).

But I still have tons of tracks that I have not released, nor ever will, because I made them for myself,
because I do not have permission to release, and sometimes simply because I make mashups.
Other tracks are not good enough for releasing and some not interesting enough.

Posting images of our work does not mean it will be a future release, it only means that we are
interested in feedback, or that we simply are proud of what we have done.

Now, if we decide to show an image, and then say it will, might, possibly could be released, it means
- be patient. Crying "gimme" for every darn image posted is not only silly, it is most impolite and without
respect - respect forboth the time the CD's spend and the effort they (we) put into it.

Also, the community, as I have experienced, is about sharing. Sharing means giving something back to
the community for all the free stuff you get. Simply screaming "gimme" is not considered giving something
back.

Of course, not everyone can give something, for various reasons, but if you can't, then just shut up and
wait for a release, at least we then will respect you. And then, when something is released, post some
comments, good or bad, so that the developer can fix or improve on the object.

Sorry for this post, but as I spend alot of time making stuff - for sharing even - this kind of "gimme"
attitude really p*sses me off..

@zatra: I don't care if it was about the car or the shaders. The car has been released and with some
effort you could mod it yourself. There are lots of examples in the Lambo dir and other places.
And.. if he decides to release his CG shaders, he will do it in his own time. Please respect his work
and let him finish, then upload it in his own time is he so wishes to do so.

Who's ready for MONSTER JAM?

Till I get the time to work on my own suspension setup, and the monster truck arena to test it on, I pinched the suspension from the AMG Hummer, thanks MBW30 (Hey, you don't want to setup Gravedigger would you?). Definitely NOT ready for release, but still its a BLAST to drive, in many ways. Maybe we need a 64 bit version of Racer so we can handle large & heavy vehicles and the humungous forces the suspensions generate?

Attachments

• screenshot010.jpg
    screenshot010.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 173

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.9%