F1 2010 Possibility to look at other cars during replays and other stuff.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
One of the things I loved about Geoff Crammond's games was the ability to check out the view from any car during replays (or at any other time) - I can't find an option to do that in this game - am I missing something?

If it's really not in the game (why, Codies?? :confused: I want to watch what's happening at the front, not the tail end!) is there a way it can be modded in?

One other thing: is there a mod that allows you full control of the car at all times, including driving into and out of the pits?

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

Crammonds games were based on realism and every car had a certain set of parameters as to how fast it was or wasnt - there was an excellent editor for this so you could change settings yourself but thats another story, I'm not sure exactly how codemasters F1 games mechanics work but I'm thinking its a more random time based thing hence why there cant be replays and on the fly viewing for the rest of the field and also why ridiculous names like liuzzi and chandhok can have the fastest lap in a race, just my opinion of course im sure ppl will say otherwise.

When I first read about people's views of F1 2010, one of the things that really annoyed me was the fact that AI's qualifying was simulated - F1GP had real time AI qualifying nailed and that was back in 1991. Are Codies really telling us that with all the tech. around nowadays, they can't nail something that a game from the very early nineties could do, on a machine with a fraction of the processing power (the Amiga 500)? In that game, you could look at any car, whenever you wanted. As I said before, great game, but this smacks of laziness on Codies' part.

I don't know about you guys, but I used to love qualifying in the Geoff Crammond games - you put in your fast lap, and could then sit and watch the AI try to beat it - in real time - if they did, you went out there again. Now all you get is a timing board - it stops qualifying from being as good as it could've been. Then when it came to the race, you could watch a replay from any car and any camera angle the game had to offer. If Codies are trying to tell us they can't do all that when F1GP could, then they're lying in my view.

Hi, first post. thought I would join, given some interesting mods around to may be try. Not been in modding mode myself on this title, too much doing that already on ISI stuff :) so rather enjoy this game to play as it is, but that is not to say I am not grateful people are beginning to mod and creating some interesting stuff :)

To answer this question, the way I understood it that this can't be done becuase the game is too graphically intensive to allow loading all the bits and pieces, that is, namely track object to allow a seemless switching of car views, it would mean many more track objects would have to be loaded in and out of memory at a user request in any instant, and this would exceed resources currently available on the consoles, so there is some clever memory management going on to manage everything as it is.

I suppose you can't have everything, The more basic graphics of rfactor is OK with this, something that entrigued me about the EGO engine is that the number of cars on track seemingly have very little effect on FPS, as suposed to rFactor where the race start is always the complete bottleneck for the lowest FPS point, again showing some very different approaches how resourcing is very different in these engines.

So each comes with its pros an cons. Unless CM squeeze a lot more optimisation out I doubt this will change next year, after all there is only so much saving you can do or opt the other route, that is to simplify track and car graphics to have this feature.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.