RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Guys I would like you to choose a car and a custom skin if possible for this race. Post a link to your skin and I will get a skinpack together for the event.

We have 17 drivers already and a variety of skins will add some "feel" to the event!

There are many custom ones here at RD for GT cars and you can shop NO GRIP RACING for many more!

PLease submit them by Monday morning so I can compile the skin pack.

That was a nice event , thanks Dave.

Qualified 2nd, then promoted to 1st when jashowa left... u should have been with us having fun M8 :)..
Had a good start and kept my position, i was under pressure from the flying Danish " Sferik " for couple of laps but then somehow i was able to build a gap and that was enough to stay in the lead after my pit stop but i received a stop and go for speeding in the pit :tongue:, i did couple of hot laps , pitted to serve my penalty and to my surprise i was able to come out just ahead of Janek.:confused:.. the hot pursuits started again and we had nice fight and crossed the line first :D.

More fun in the second race, started 8 and , had some nice battle with abdul , then with janek and Mark for few laps , i passed Janek when he span," u should stop doing that Janek lol, then pitted at the same time with Mark on lap 9, sorry for the touch in the pit Mark, u totally stopped there and could not do anything about it, then i had some fun chasing Mark for 3rd and passed him when he run wide and start chasing Ivan who was flying :) and i pressed so hard that i lost my focus on lap 18 span my car and damaged my susp., Mark and Janek passed me and finished 4th...
great fun guys, grats Ivan, Mark , Janek and all finishers :thumb:

Guys, guys, guys...
It's not the track, it's not the car...
I had some pretty good races at this track! Without cutting! Without people ramming each other!
Also had a lot of awesome races in the WTCC cars! Without cutting! Without ramming!
And the 2 wheels within white line rules could be OK if everyone follows it! It's possible! If you can't go that fast without cutting, than DON'T do it and go slower!

I have a pretty long day tomorrow but when I get home I'll run through the replays, watch everyone, and write down everything I see, then report it! (if I don't finish I'll continue that on Friday)

I want clean races! Like most of the races here at RD! (even in WTCC class, on tracks like this, it can be fun)

And finally: this is not the fault of RD! So thx Yuri and RD for hosting! Even if it didn't turn out very good!

I hope you've seen the new Infractions system Peter - the staff feel it is a much more modern, flexible and realistic system. Cutting is one of the offenses/categories it really benefits.

Race 1: had a nice run at 2nd but it was impossible to catch Vincent! WD!

Race2: Not so lucky race, first I had a little accident in T1, then in lap 2 I had an accident with Stefan. Watched it in the replay, I'm not sure about it, maybe I didn't leave enough room for you, so I concider it as a racing accident! It's always hard to judge situations like this happening in a straight (or in this case "almost straight").
After that I hit the wall and had a few laps to get used to my decentralized steering. I could finish the race though at P4, and got 2nd place overall so it's still good.

Thx for the event Eric and RD!

Race 1: Started out in 8th and managed to work my way to 6th, which I think I held on to for most of the race. Had a couple of off-track excursions, which surprised me as in offline practice, I tend to be very consistent at Imola. I'm not yet over the 'getting too excited' thing when racing actual people. William harassed me for a little bit in race one, but I stopped noticing him after awhile...I'm not sure what happened. Ended up gaining a place right at the end after Yves ran out of fuel, and finished 5th. Best finish since I've started racing online.

Race 2: Started out in third but rapidly fell after I bumped someone (not entirely sure who...haven't checked the replay yet) and had to let them get going again. Had a very...lively run through the first half of the race...I'm assuming the track had gotten hot enough to make me more slippery than I'm used to in these cars (or something), because I started having some slide and brake issues. I adapted, and was running as high as fifth (I think) when I lost it at turn 7. Peter had been ahead of me at the time, I assume due to his incident, and suspension problems or no, I'm still happy I managed to keep him in sight for half a lap.:)

Ended up getting behind William for almost the entire last half of the race, with him in fifth and me in sixth. Narrowed the gap down to less than a second on the last lap, but then screwed up and bumped him in the last corner and had to let him go. I will sooo get you next time...;)

R1: 5th place.
R2: 6th place.
Overall: Not sure, I never saw the screen, as I lagged out after the race. In fact, the whole night was sort of a lag-fest for me.

... then in lap 2 I had an accident with Stefan. Watched it in the replay, I'm not sure about it, maybe I didn't leave enough room for you, so I concider it as a racing accident! It's always hard to judge situations like this happening in a straight (or in this case "almost straight").
After checking the replay, I would have to agree that this was a racing incident. I could have held it a bit tighter though. I really didn't know what had happened. I knew you were next to me, but I couldn't really see you, being that these cars are right hand drive. So I was really surprised when you came around in front of me. I wasn't sure if I should wait or not, but not having been aware of any contact, I decided to keep going. Sorry this encounter ended badly for you Peter, I usually really enjoy our battles. You are one of the cleanest drivers I know.

was a nice night......i joined late, so i wasn't able to do any lap in the practice, so i decided that with a full grid was better starting from the back, also if i know that with my usual time i would be able to be in the middle of the group.......

it was the right decision, because in race one i finished 4th!!! :D

race 2 was a bit less caotic because there weren't so many cars and so i started 5th and finished 5th!!!! was a nice and relaxed night thx again for the fun guys and congratz all!!! ;)

Hello all, Glad I was able to get on a such short notice. Here is my race report.

Qualifying: First time at this circuit in these cars, but at least I know the circuit. got a good baseline setup quite quickly so when qualy started I was confident of being mid pack on pace. But confidence counted for nothing. a quick spin at the hairpin ruined my lap. But I was surprised to be 10s off the pace even accounting for the spin....a quick check showed my steering wheel had not calibrated correctly so I was ony using 80% throttle...oh!! P18 not too shabby considering.

Race 1: Got a balistic start off the line and with a quick twitch of opposite lock I was between a few cars and rushing down to the first corner. Pulled to the left into a huge gap to give the cleanest brake. The pack grouped up infront of me and I braked gently to ensure a clean race....well, that was my idea. The person behnd me did not have the same idea nd I got a huge slam from behind....I managed to correct the crash enduced slide, but my suspension was bent quite badly. Violent oversteer in every corner going right. So of course when I got to the fast right onto the back straight, I lsot it and hit the barrier hard....race over.....I really wish people would brake early for the firstr corner, it is not that hard to do and would maek racing so much more enjoyable.

Race 2: Back fo the grid bar 2 places again for the second race. Again a blinding start and got up to P8!! This time no huge first corner molestation and I was away to race. Got past 1 places into 7th and set into a rythem Had a great race with a Super Aguri (no iea who it was...but was fun). I was quicker but they were good on the brakes. We both got caught by a Williams. Aguri made a mistake on the fast right hander and I got along side into the hairpin. I brked later, locked up and got ready to turn tight to get a straight line out of the corner. To my surprise, the Wiliams came past me deep into the hairpin, the Aguri no where to be seen!! My tight line worked and I outdragged the Williams into the chicane. Nice and clean....lovely. Released from the Aguri I pulled away and started to catch 5th place. they were 4s to the good ahead. 8 laps into my stint on super soft and the right front tyre went off. I eased off and had a lazy spin!! out of the tight last chicane.

Up into 1st place as everyone pitted. I followed suit on lap 12. Dropped to 6th during stop. I was 8s good to 7th so settled into a rythum. A back marker Williams was about 3s behind me. I made a small mistake and they were past me. I was quicker for a while, but they kept getting in my way....BLUE FLAGS!! I was screaming. They did not move out of the way. Frustration got the better of me and I made a huge mistake and dropped off the back of the Williams. Probably not a bad thing as I was sure I was going to crash into them at some point, they just didn;t want to get out of the way.

Last lap but one, and I got the fuel warning....so I eased off and ran lean to the line. Got past for 6th. Overall, not too shabby.

Thanks all.
Michael H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back