rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Varano 2010 - Fri 25th March 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Q1 and Q2 : Not my best perfomances, both times 11th on the grid.
R1 and R2 : Good start, but the car infront always was a bit sloppy at the start, so I dropped back a bit in the early stages. Managed to finish both races 9th.

Cool races I guess. Didn't had any problems with anyone around me, so thank you all for the fair racing ^^

Christ totaly forgot. Thanks

I noticed :tongue:

Quali 1: Set a PB to take 7th.

Race 1: Made a good start and followed the pack into turn 1. Several cars went wide so I slid up the inside of them. The same happened at turn 3 and on the exit I found myself in 2nd, a little but behind Chris though. Pawel got past me as I was too sloppy early on and then I had Gary hounding me like a tracker missile. Pawel spun so I was back up to second but just couldn't shake Gary off. Eventually he slid one up the inside of me before I noticed he was making a move. Had to give him room so dropped to third. After that I resumed my WTM battle with Kjell for a number of laps before he span out of one of the corners. I decided to take it easy from there as my tyres were gone. Kjell closed the gap in the final few laps but I managed to hold on to 3rd.

Quali 2: Not as good as Q1 so was 8th.

Race 2: Made another good start and copied what I done in race 1. That left me in 4th after turn 3 trying to hold onto the back of the 3 ahead. When Gary span out a couple of laps later, the gap to the front guys was just too much to be able to hold on so had to defend my position. Erik tried for a few laps before he drooped back and Chris then tried for a while after he spun off earlier in the race allowing me to get 2nd. I then forgot to shift down an extra gear and ran wide into the gravel at turn 8 which allowed Chris, Erik, and Kjell past. I tried holding onto them but was slowly dropping back, but had some luck when Erik went off, allowing me back up into 4th. I was settling for that but Chris kept making mistakes and dropping back but would always rejoin in front of me until the final lap when I came across him in the gravel at turn 8. He got going again but this time I was past and just about held on to take another 3rd place. :)

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

After race 1, i decided to quit cause of stil having troubles with dizzyness.

This morning i found another ini file to adjust. HeadPhysics. And i wanna test it. Or maybe some of you have some ideas about this file.

Its this one.

// Vehicle movement affects driver's head physics, but head does NOT

// influence vehicle dynamics. This violates Newton's 3rd law, but

// allows user to configure head physics without "cheating".

HeadMass=6.0 // Head and helmet

HeadInertia=(0.032,0.028,0.029) // Head and helmet

MinPos=(-0.03,-0.08,-0.050) // Minimum extents of position (should be negative)

MaxPos=( 0.03, 0.08, 0.015) // Maximum extents of position (should be positive)

MinOri=(-7.0,-7.0,-7.0) // Minimum degrees of pitch, yaw, roll (should be negative)

MaxOri=( 7.0, 7.0, 7.0) // Maximum degrees of pitch, yaw, roll (should be positive)

// There are three types of springs to control head movement:

//

// Sliding = spring/damper force maintains given direction relative to vehicle

// Normal = spring/damper force in direction between connection points

// FreeDamping = spring is normal, but damper resist velocity in any direction

//

// Parameters for springs are:

//

// SpringDir = direction of spring/damper forces (automatically normalized, not valid for Normal springs)

// SpringHead = connection to driver head (relative to head center)

// SpringBody = connection to vehicle body (relative to head center)

// SpringCollLen = if more than zero, spring doesn't take effect until minimum length has been reached

// SpringParams = spring rate and damper rate

Spring=Sliding

SpringDir=(0.0,1.0,-0.0) // up/down

SpringHead=(0.0,-0.05,0.01)

SpringBody=(0.0,-0.05,0.01)

SpringParams=(1000.0,225.0)

Spring=Sliding

SpringDir=(0.0,-0.0,-1.0) // forward/back

SpringParams=(1700.0,382.0)

Spring=Sliding

SpringDir=(1.0,0.0,0.0) // lateral

SpringParams=(8500.0,351.0)

Spring=FreeDamping // resists yawing and rolling

SpringHead=(2.0,0.0,0.0)

SpringBody=(2.0,0.0,0.0)

SpringParams=(63.9,1.31)

Spring=FreeDamping // resists yawing and pitching

SpringHead=(0.0,0.0,2.0)

SpringBody=(0.0,0.0,2.0)

SpringParams=(21.3,1.52)

I had to save the file to my desktop and make a copy of it for changing this file.

Have testing a few hours now. Adjustments made also in the FOV. And with help from topics on this forum.

http://www.racedepartment.com/rfactor/38273-setting-up-your-rfactor-fov-tutorial.html and the one from Ivo.

Learned a lot of the game today and hopefully it will improve also my driving skills. Anyway the dizzyness doesnt occur at the moment.

For example for the Gallardo im using cockpit. FOV (40, 60) and adjust with my joystick for the steering position and better view.

According the real view that i should use is 20 degrees. (24 inch monitor, on a distance from about 88 cm)

very pleased with my result for my pace.

qulied 10th both races,so pleased with that.

R1 finisned 5th
R2 finished 8th
and a few great battles but was way off the pace of the front runners,so more work to do.

Thanks to all

Doh...forgot to come back and say i enjoyed both the races,as is the usual case with Friday PCC evento's,just one thing,i didnt just "spin out of control" in race 2 Adz,that was a very technical and intricate tyre physics model test!!!. (pfff) >:/

Thank You Lee/Adz & RD

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea