Porsche 997 GT3 RSR [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not cheating, stealing. I don't give a **** about the quality of the mod, especially because this one's very bad anyway. I care about the fact that it's stolen.

Obviously it's not doing you much good to get yourself all worked up about it. Just move the hell on. Jeez. You've made your opinion quite clear MULTIPLE times on this thread alone.

mod-edit: again, you need to keep a civil discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Scratch built?
4a9295f2506a50af0e832025dad7782a.jpg

Ripped????
ripped-abs-400x250.jpg

ROFLMFAO!!!

:roflmao:

You can not report content that is not yours, please read our Terms of Service,
And i suggest you alter your tone when asking for something.
The staff don't take kindly to demands in capital letters.
You can not report content that is not yours , so the next time I upload a mod I should report myself yes ? ! :laugh:

Mod edit: Do not povoke. You should really respect what he is saying.
The ToS is there for a reason, read it, understand it. You don't have to agree with it, but there have been enough discussions now for everyone to understand how RD deals with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think that mod contains some content created by you without your own permission, then sure, report away.
That might qualify as mild schizophrenia though... :cautious:
I reported it straight away 5 minutes after it was uploaded , but I reported the review that someone had left the direct link to the mod , but if someone reported it to AC it would be gone in 5 minutes as it in no way leads an example for the community to follow allowing mods from ripped content specially from microsoft but if RD can afford to take them on then good luck ;)

My point is don't assume that just because you're OK with it everyone else is. Most of the people who are happy to do it for free can do so because it's not their bread and butter. There are many things I volunteer to do free of charge but that does not mean I'm OK with people stealing my livelihood.
There's also a bit of a difference from 'happy to do it free' and 'can't get a job doing it'... there are plenty of reasons you could enjoy doing something but not be able to make money from it.

Anyway, there'll always be the flood of crappy converted content, but for me it has a lifespan about as long as the time taken to produce it - that is, short. So in the best case it's a temporary diversion, in the worst case it drowns out the good stuff. You can only take so many photos of a Forza model in AC's engine ... if it doesn't drive well, then it's no better than having it in Forza, even disregarding the illegality.

Overwhelmingly, the people who can do a good job at the whole package - physics, graphics, sounds, game-specific features - work on original content, because they're not satisfied with "posted for 3 days until the original author requests it's taken down".

This "war" was expected even before the Tech Demo release....
Anyone is responsible for their actions....if the owner of the original content does not do anything about the ripped content then its their problem,or its possible that they dont know and about the "Conversionists" who makes this conversions,its all about the respect for the devs and the content they use from different games.Some are happy,some are not...and will going on forever...
No one can force anyone to do something..especially over internet....We can only assist from the bench.

what I don`t get is: if Kunos doesn`t allow stolen or half-assed ripped mods in AC, why is RD not complying with those terms and hosts those obvious rip-offs in the AC section??
I seriously tried to understand RDs point of view in the beginning, but now it doesn`t make any sense anymore. What do you gain by this policy, or strategy or whatever you might call it.

So, if I uploaded my own content, then decided I didn't want it hosted anymore, what then? Because (regardless of discussion or knowledge about an illegal conversion) there hasn't been any formal notification of copyright violation, then it's "my" file. So can't I just request it to be removed? Maybe one of the mods can enlighten us.

Seriously, they should have kept this thing on its original forum, where it was initially uploaded. All this controversy...
Jarerawwr, i'ts better to take it down, or this discussion will go on until my hair turns grey :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes