Porsche 962C Short Tail @ Spa-Francorchamps

So I've just cracked the bronze achievement at Spa in the 962 Short Tail.

I'm definitely no setup master, and mainly get mine direct from here, however I wasn't able to find any for this combo so had to mess around with it myself. Dropped a good 3-4 seconds with the attached setup.

Mainly dropped some fuel, a little front camber and toe, a slight change to the rear, and dropped one click of downforce.
It does just hit the limiter at the end of Kemmel straight, however changing the final drive ratio doesn't help the lap time, though it does make it less likely to spin up in lower gears.

If anyone has a good setup please feel free to share. I'm loving this combo but just can't crack the good times.

Attachments

• ShortTail_Spa_2.19.163.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
I think I may have accidently uploaded the stock setup in my first post, its now edited with a setup I believe to be very close to the one I set that time on it may have a little more top speed so I don't hit the limiter, and a touch of rear camber.

Its a very stable setup particularly in the rear end, though the front does still push a little mid-corner, I've dialled that out some compared to the stock setup which you mainly feel in Stavelot.

This setup is quite unstable in the rear end. Its similar to above but with some more rear toe and camber.
I feel it 'could' be faster in the right hands, but you need to be VERY careful of oversteer both on and off throttle, however it gives much better mid corner grip when it has traction.

Attachments

• ShortTail_Spa_2.21.931.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 583
  • Deleted member 130869

Try this to get you into the 18's. I wanted to race online but got no one so I looked at what I could do single player, and went for this achievement. One tweak you can make is lower 5th gear. You'll top out at 301km/h bouncing off limiter but only for maybe 1s.

Attachments

• 1985 Porsche 962 ST.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 677
Thanks Gui! I went 2:14.937 on my second lap with your tune. I'm about to have another go, should be relatively easy to get the Silver now.

Since it runs the soft compounds the tyres are gone by the time I get to the final chicane and it squirrelled all over the place. If I can get that under control I might even give Gold a shake.

Thanks heaps for your tune mate, it's something I'm hopeless at

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I'm mostly hopeless with it in Assetto as well, haha. I just got lucky with changes and how I felt them go. I imagine since the update the cars became faster overall, that's good news!

• Deleted member 130869

I just gave it another go and got the gold! You can play around with the rear wing from 2 to 4 and still get about the same result, it's just a matter of stability.

Attachments

• 1985 Porsche 962 ST 2.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 666
  • Deleted member 130869

Lost a few tenths on the last corner but due to FOV (about 30), I rather finish the lap than lose it risking a 1:12.x

Thanks Gui - managed a 1:12:858 at Spa and got the gold at Zandvoort thanks to your other post. Of course I barely spent much time with the default setups, but yours surely haven't slowed me :p

Not sure how relevant optimum pressures are now after latest updates, but I did have to add several psi all around to maintain "perfect" pressures during my hotlap after outlap. This might not have made much of a grip difference at all, I'm just used to doing it from a previous AC version.

Your videos would greatly benefit from a clock display and possibly a pedals app - either way appreciate your uploads! :)

Last edited:
Special Event: ,,Short Fuse"
Porsche 962 C Short Tail
Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps
My time lap: 2:12.179

Attachments

• 962C 2 12 1.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 644

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%