AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Zandvoort - Saturday, April 15, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Server is up, qualifying will begin in 45 minutes. Please remember to use your real name in-game and on TS, and remember if you crash someone you need to wait up and give them the position back. Let's race!

Hey guys, sorry for bombing out like that but the frustration was tooooo much, and driving when your pi55ed off doesn't work
Zandvoort Hotlap.jpg

As you can see I was much quicker offline than I was in the race, still baffles me as to why it feels so different. Ive been sim racing for near 2 decades and don't have this issue with any other sim, it can't be all me.....can it?:cautious::cautious:
My offline track setup is, 26C temp with a fast track, which isn't that different to server conditions, I'm baffled:whistling::speechless::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Hey guys, sorry for bombing out like that but the frustration was tooooo much, and driving when your pi55ed off doesn't workView attachment 186063
As you can see I was much quicker offline than I was in the race, still baffles me as to why it feels so different. Ive been sim racing for near 2 decades and don't have this issue with any other sim, it can't be all me.....can it?:cautious::cautious:
My offline track setup is, 26C temp with a fast track, which isn't that different to server conditions, I'm baffled:whistling::speechless::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Weird. I actually improved nearly a second from my offline practice. I can try to remember to turn the temp up a little next time, I had it at 22° with a 2° variance.

Hey guys, sorry for bombing out like that but the frustration was tooooo much, and driving when your pi55ed off doesn't workView attachment 186063

Cheers

I'm not an expert by any means, but I had the same problem as you. What helped keep me from spinning out was simply braking earlier at each of my braking points. Took me a few laps to figure that out, but once I did, I was golden.

Weird. I actually improved nearly a second from my offline practice. I can try to remember to turn the temp up a little next time, I had it at 22° with a 2° variance.
Its all good Brandon, don't go altering race conditions to suit me, I'll just have to put in some time in an effort to work out what it is that I'm doing, or not doing, that makes online/offline feel so different to me:cautious::unsure::confused:.
I'm not an expert by any means, but I had the same problem as you. What helped keep me from spinning out was simply braking earlier at each of my braking points. Took me a few laps to figure that out, but once I did, I was golden.
I hear ya Chris and appreciate your thoughts, I did the same mate. In fact I usually take the first few laps a little easy to start with and slowly work into my lap time, this gives me the opportunity to adjust braking points etc if I need to, I was breaking far earlier than I normally would, you know the old saying "slow in, fast out":thumbsup: but I just couldn't find that happy medium :(.
Guess it's back to "practise, practise and more practise":laugh:;):thumbsup:

Cheers

Andrew I understand your frustration - I had the worlds most goofy start - starting with my front wheels locked to the left and veering off at the race start just to be spun around by someone from behind on the grid right after. I started the race from way behind the last one in the grid once I was up and running.
Frustration was high and yet every race will be finished here.

I had a few nice moments along the way with some people, yourself included.
When I have a horror race like this I just treat it like a challenge, lapping, learning the track, experimenting with different lines and braking points and always trying to give the other guys around a nice race.

If that is the only thing you do after having your race screwed up, it was a good race ;-) That's how I see it. I wish you had stayed - it was fun having you around.

Btw, Bobby, Michael and Ben, thanks a lot for sticking around after the race and having some good fun on the track ;-) I enjoyed it and learned a bit or two. The "trackday" in the RSR 3.0 around Imola was enlightening - I hope we are racing that car (or the Porsche 917K) soon again … soooo much fun.
Too bad I don't have a replay of Ben lapping that 1:56 around Nurburgring GP, I'd love to study that ;-)

Andrew I understand your frustration - I had the worlds most goofy start - starting with my front wheels locked to the left and veering off at the race start just to be spun around by someone from behind on the grid right after. I started the race from way behind the last one in the grid once I was up and running.

When I have a horror race like this I just treat it like a challenge, lapping, learning the track, experimenting with different lines and braking points and always trying to give the other guys around a nice race.

If that is the only thing you do after having your race screwed up, it was a good race ;-) That's how I see it. I wish you had stayed - it was fun having you around.

Btw, Bobby, Michael and Ben, thanks a lot for sticking around after the race and having some good fun on the track ;-) I enjoyed it and learned a bit or two. The "trackday" in the RSR 3.0 around Imola was enlightening - I hope we are racing that car (or the Porsche 917K) soon again … soooo much fun.
Too bad I don't have a replay of Ben lapping that 1:56 around Nurburgring GP, I'd love to study that ;-)

:) Hey Dirk, yeah I know what your saying, "Better to See it Through, than Bomb Out" when you have a bad one, and normally I would just think "Stuff it.....I'm here for some fun, lets have some" when Ive had a bad start, which seems all to common lately:cautious:, like yesterdays GT3 race, I went to grid without double checking my fuel, got caught short and also had issues with the medium tire/tyre, so I pitted on lap 7 of 20 and went a lap down:thumbsdown:, but still enjoyed thumping around Nurburgring GP GT in the Merc AMG trying to catch the back markers and un-lap my lily white butt:p:laugh:.

:rolleyes:TBH I think today was my menstrual day for 2017:whistling::cautious::laugh: It just got worse as it went on, had a big fight with a pair of new replacement taps in my bathroom, it was a 60min battle trying to convince them they were new taps and shouldn't be leaking, then, after much cussing.....Aussie style:laugh: I read the little pamphlet and discovered the wonder of "micro diagrams", you know, the one's you need a freekin electron microscope to bloody read:mad::speechless: turns out they are a new design and had to be installed in a particular way. Then I spilt 90% of my paint cutting compound all over my garage floor, just when I was about to start buffing a mates car. By 5pm it had reached a point of being totally :poop::poop::poop:, glad it's almost over with, horrible day............simply horrible;):D:roflmao:

Catchya next race, cheers.

[QUO"menos | M6, post: 2453395, member: 245670"]Andrew I understand your frustration - I had the worlds most goofy start - starting with my front wheels locked to the left and veering off at the race start just to be spun around by someone from behind on the grid right after. I started the race from way behind the last one in the grid once I was up and running.

Too bad I don't have a replay of Ben lapping that 1:56 around Nurburgring GP, I'd love to study that ;-)[/QUOTE]
Yep everyone in this thread we stayed on teamspeak and went public server hunting and had a blast. If you ever need a little more of a fix because of a bad race its' s great fun. We even raced other guys that weren't nearly as competitive or as nice as our group here, but with the 4 of us we just put our heads down and got on with it.

:) Hey Dirk, yeah I know what your saying, "Better to See it Through, thayt? n Bomb Out" when you have a bad one, and normally I would just think "Stuff it.....I'm here for some fun, lets have some" when Ive had a bad start, which seems all to common lately:cautious:, like yesterdays GT3 race, I went to grid without double checking my fuel, got caught short and also had issues with the medium tire/tyre, so I pitted on lap 7 of 20 and went a lap down:thumbsdown:, but still enjoyed thumping around Nurburgring GP GT in the Merc AMG trying to catch the back markers and un-lap my lily white butt:p:laugh:.

:rolleyes:TBH I think today was my menstrual day for 2017:whistling::cautious::laugh: It just got worse as it went on, had a big fight with a pair of new replacement taps in my bathroom, it was a 60min battle trying to convince them they were new taps and shouldn't be leaking, then, after much cussing.....Aussie style:laugh: I read the little pamphlet and discovered the wonder of "micro diagrams", you know, the one's you need a freekin electron microscope to bloody read:mad::speechless: turns out they are a new design and had to be installed in a particular way. Then I spilt 90% of my paint cutting compound all over my garage floor, just when I was about to start buffing a mates car. By 5pm it had reached a point of being totally :poop::poop::poop:, glad it's almost over with, horrible day............simply horrible;):D:roflmao:

Catchya next race, cheers.
Dude just know you add to the party so you're missed, but I do understand. Remember I am the "Spin King" so you never have to explain yourself. And I know you're quick because I see you sail away from me all to often.
Hope today is a better day.

still baffles me as to why it feels so different. Ive been sim racing for near 2 decades and don't have this issue with any other sim, it can't be all me.....can it?:cautious::cautious:

Cheers

The same thing happens to a lot of drivers in AC ,that's why I always try and practice on the online servers only but its not always possible with CLUB race's for oblivious reasons .. so for this race I had to practice off line and noticed in off line mode AC will default TC and Stability control ON that's what got me even though I thought I had turned them off they were still on by default.. I was in the low 42's -41's off line but then on the server with TC and SC OFF I had to adjust my throttle on exit or I would spin every time compared to off line so I was in the 43'& 44's until I was comfortable with the throttle adjustments ..but then my game froze on lap 1 anyway so I never had a chance to see how low I could go in the race :cry: so might just check that ! even though you think its off sometimes they are still on especially SC in off line mode :) !

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%