Porknose Champion of Champions

Skins Porknose Champion of Champions 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Spudknuckles submitted a new resource:

Porknose Champion of Champions - Every F1 World Champion for Pessio's RD1 Porknose

View attachment 558324
EVERY F1 World Champion for Pessio's RD1 Porknose.
GeIFFvU.gif

Imagine battling it out with every F1 World Champion at the same time. They're all in their prime and in equal machinery and you’re the wildcard in the most exclusive driver line-up ever assembled. They’ve brought their period-correct helmets, race gear, pit crews and each has a championship winning...

Read more about this resource...

This looks amazing! Amazing work by everyone involved!
Would be cool to have additional liveries for people who won in different teams from their first ones, too: for instance, Micheal Schumacher in a 2000-2004 Ferrari, or Hamilton in a 2014-2019 silver Mercedes or 2020 black Mercedes. Other less obvious candidates include Brabham in his own car in 66, Fittipaldi in a McLaren, Fangio in just about anything else, Graham Hill in a Lotus, Lauda in the 84 McLaren, Piquet in a Williams, Prost in a Williams, or Stewart in a Tyrrell. As I said, only need to be additional, so could choose a couple and make a separate pack.
But otherwise, this is amazing! Surely there'll be a career mode soon enough lmao

Hi Ghiaman,
"Everyone involved" is really just me but thanks very much for the kind words.
Interesting suggestion about adding all the other Championship winning cars, and it did (very briefly) cross my mind. However, that's a tremendous amount of extra cars (almost as many more as I've done here) and many very similar looking ones at that. The pic below only goes up to 2017 but add a few more Mercs and a RB to the end of the list and you'll get the idea ;) I think I'm well and truly done with this for now but the idea is there if anyone wants to do all those others I suppose.

I had three criteria in mind when creating the pack.
  1. One car per driver
  2. No Number 1's on cars
  3. Have as much variety in manufacturers and colour as possible (it would have been considerably easier if everyone who won a championship in a Ferrari just got one of those... hehe. That Schumacher Benetton took some doing).
Consequently, drivers typically got their first championship winning car, especially if they won several in a row (the WC has typically worn #1 since 1973). I may be wrong but I think the only exception is Jackie Stewart, who got the Tyrrell 006 instead of the Matra. The Matra is cool, and I was a bit torn but wanted to drive the Tyrrell so that was that.

I wanted to do Brabham in his own car but Denny Hulme won only one championship (in a Brabham) so "Brabham in a Brabham" would have made 2 of those (nearly identical) and no Cooper. So that decision was made for me based on the criteria above.

It'd be amazing if someone put a proper championship together for this.
VOCzeli.jpeg

Thanks again for the feedback. I'm glad you like the pack.
Cheers,
Spud.

Hi Ghiaman,
"Everyone involved" is really just me but thanks very much for the kind words.
Interesting suggestion about adding all the other Championship winning cars, and it did (very briefly) cross my mind. However, that's a tremendous amount of extra cars (almost as many more as I've done here) and many very similar looking ones at that. The pic below only goes up to 2017 but add a few more Mercs and a RB to the end of the list and you'll get the idea ;) I think I'm well and truly done with this for now but the idea is there if anyone wants to do all those others I suppose.

I had three criteria in mind when creating the pack.
  1. One car per driver
  2. No Number 1's on cars
  3. Have as much variety in manufacturers and colour as possible (it would have been considerably easier if everyone who won a championship in a Ferrari just got one of those... hehe. That Schumacher Benetton took some doing).
Consequently, drivers typically got their first championship winning car, especially if they won several in a row (the WC has typically worn #1 since 1973). I may be wrong but I think the only exception is Jackie Stewart, who got the Tyrrell 006 instead of the Matra. The Matra is cool, and I was a bit torn but wanted to drive the Tyrrell so that was that.

I wanted to do Brabham in his own car but Denny Hulme won only one championship (in a Brabham) so "Brabham in a Brabham" would have made 2 of those (nearly identical) and no Cooper. So that decision was made for me based on the criteria above.

It'd be amazing if someone put a proper championship together for this.
VOCzeli.jpeg

Thanks again for the feedback. I'm glad you like the pack.
Cheers,
Spud.
No worries, I just thought I'd suggest it in case you were planning to update it. I still absolutely love this collection, some amazing work, thanks for creating this! Sorry if I made it seem like I didn't like the choices, they're great!

Hehe, not at all mate. I very much appreciate your enthusiasm :thumbsup:

I'm sorry for giving you such a long-winded reply. I didn't mean to sound so authoritative. You can probably see this mod has been occupying much of my thoughts for some considerable time.... too long probably :redface:

Spudknuckles updated Porknose Champion of Champions with a new update entry:

Full overhaul and some additional features

This update addresses numerous small issues with the original mod and brings lots of additional goodness:
  • All Champs now have custom pit crews, lollipops and other pit gearView attachment 563034
  • Lots of new driver faces (some examples below), including colorized versions of early driversView attachment 563043
  • Visor transparency adjusted to show off nice new faces
  • Schuberth helmet is no longer required for Verstappen. He reverts to the standard...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes