Plugin Crewchief

Hello,
I would test the Crewchief in Gtr2.
Is there a tutorial for the installation of the necessary files in Gtr2??
With screenshots an description.
Thanks in advance
JB57

• Deleted member 13397

dont forget, this is for the STEAM version of GTR2
if you want to stay with the non Steam version, just use the Companian (which works also with GTL and RACE07)
but should you use VR, then you should use the STEAM version

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 13397

Companian is an App, which generates a SharedMemory file in games like GTL/GTR2 & R07
like that rFactor1 does
this memoryfile provides data formerly not available from this games
So you can start SimHub or CrewChief in rFactor1 mode and enjoy Spotter, Maps and other things

you can find Companian V2 on our R07 Forum
race07.giize.com/BB

go for the V2 branch, the V1 used individual plugins for games

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that contrary to common impression plugin Acid_house22 mentioned is not just VR and Official CC plugin for GTR2. It adds bunch of things original game did not have (mostly silly tricks to deepen the simulation). But even if you are content with GTR2 as is, it does the following things:

* fixes texture/headlight flickering
* fixes backfires on all cars
* adds triple screen/ultrawide UI
* full CC integration, much richer than rFactor plugin model.
* wires a special version of DXVK (DX9 to Vulkan) which leads to better framerate on newest hardware, especially in VR.

To see what else is available, check out Table of Contents in the manual. All the new features are integrated with CC. For example, if you flat spot your tire, Chief will tell you etc.

And much more is in the works. One big thing for this year is to improve memory usage, if it works out we'll be able to use 4k textures and larger grids.

If you want to try it, HQ Anniversary includes the needed GTR2.exe, you can then decide whether to buy Steam version or not ;) Also, HQ Anniversary contains dozens of enhanced cars that utilize features of that plugin, such as button controllable wipers (that includes working rain wipers in all P&G cars!) and richer motec dash data pages.

A bit of demos:
More mature VR and working wipers (see 7:12):

Also, some more improvements - Spin/Lock indicators, additional Motec LEDs and Triple screen UI and backfires fix:

Last edited:
Thank You Iron Wolf.
But my question was, what is the install procédure? and what files are necessary.
Have a nice day

Thank You Iron Wolf.
But my question was, what is the install procédure? and what files are necessary.
Have a nice day
See the manual in the thread linked in second post. If you have CC app installed and Steam GTR2, all you have to do is copy 2 files included with CC app and run GTR2Config. That's it.

Last edited:
If you have CD/DVD version and not digital steam then your only option is to install GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch Part1+2 (work ONLY if you install BOTH PARTS and run GTR2_SETUP) and CrewChief app in DEFAULT INSTALL PATH : install procedure is detailed in _GTR2_HQ_ANNIVERSARY_PATCH_INSTALL.TXT within my archive so just read and follow steps.

Just to confirm, does it only run with HQ Anniversary 03/04/05 seasons, or does it run with the other mods?
Plugin and HQ patch are indepenent of each other, the only requirement for Plugin itself now is Steam GTR2.exe and 4Gb patch.

However, HQ patch has dozens of cars (all of FIA GT 2003/2004 and entire PnG, insane amount of work by GTR233) upgraded to use features provided by the plugin such as button controllable wipers and enhanced motec data pages. At trackaholics, you can find couple of racing series enhanced even further (modern motec stuff) and wiper patches for various cars I race.

Lastly, plugin works with any cars/tracks. Most enhancements are optional, but some of them work only if cars are updated to use them.

Full Crew Chief app integration works on any content, but if additional features are enabled CC will be aware of them, further enriching the experience.

Last edited:
All future cars to be released for Absolute LeMans Mod will also have working wipers including the CC ones in an "Option" folder. ( mostly just a .cas file to copy and paste in the car folder ). ;)

NB: since I also use and can create CC wipers :D

All future cars to be released for Absolute LeMans Mod will also have working wipers including the CC ones in an "Option" folder. ( mostly just a .cas file to copy and paste in the car folder ). ;)

NB: since I also use and can create CC wipers :D
Thanks @Jempy, this is fantastic news.

And my friend is currently working 60FPS wipers. It will be very easy to update to use them, enthusiasts will be able to do it themselves, old mapping should work.

BTW, did you know you can enable H-shifting enhancements per car? I imagine people racing historic cars might appreciate that.

Last edited:
Even easier to create those wipers when mapping using Blender adapting the rainscreen gmt for the right texture sizes of the dds.
Just one or 2 tests needed to choose the right place in the mapping of the windshield using the right @GTR233 dds and when exported afterwards to 3ds and then gmt ... the 4 other ones needed for CC are just an easy name and dds choice to modify ... before finalizing the .cas file.

NB the usual try and test method was much too long to get the same result.

Last edited:
Even easier to create those wipers when mapping using Blender adapting the rainscreen gmt for the right texture sizes of the dds.
Just one or 2 tests needed to choose the right place in the mapping of the windshield using the right @GTR233 dds and when exported afterwards to 3ds and then gmt ... the 4 other ones needed for CC are just an easy name and dds choice to modify ... before finalizing the .cas file.

NB the usual try and test method was much too long to get the same result.
Could you create a tutorial maybe?

I might and I surely will .... just a question of free time to find ( I'm rather busy in all directions for the moment :whistling: ).
GTR2 is just modding but I'm also driving AC and ACC online in our league ( where I'm also a co-organizer )

Last edited:
I might and I surely will .... just a question of free time to find ( I'm rather busy in all directions for the moment :whistling: ).
GTR2 is just modding but I'm also driving AC and ACC online in our league ( where I'm also a co-organizer )
Yep, time is an issue for us all. Mapping wipers in 3DSimED is fairly quick, often no more than 10 mins per car with experience, but would be nice to have a tutorial with pictures for others to follow. But I totally understand it is a low priority, especially if GTR2 is not your primary game.

In any case, nice to see new mod getting this. I am very curious how will 60FPS version turn out visually.

Last edited:
Crewchief crashes GTR2 HQ.
I can't launch GTR2HQ after installing Crew Chief.

Argh,I may give GTR2 the arse,great sim but it has had it's day.

Getting lots of flickering textures on tracks also.

Too frustrating.

Last edited:
Bad install surely as it's perfectly working on my own PC.
Read, apply with precision and done !

For better than GTR2 go to some more modern sim with modding but install and get it working is not that simple either but needs a much better and more modern PC ... and that's not the case for everyone ...

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies