Playing VR with just one eye.

Hi, as the title says, i recently lost my vision in the right eye(Cancer). I thought I could never play VR anymore, but to my dismay, I can play in VR just as well, of course with less peripheral vision. So anyone with the same problem ?

Thanks.

Oh man I may have embarked in one of my favorite past times the other day which is rolling a fat one and sitting down for some racing when just this thought popped into my head.... I wonder if VR would work for somebody with one eye? I pondered for a bit about how it would work when lo and behold I realized i could simply shut one of my eyes and BAM instant answer it works fine! I drove around with one eye closed for quite some time before returning to my above average two eyedness.

Anyhow, during those one eyed laps of mine i began to think about the potential VR benefits of being one eyed and I would like to share it with you!!! If you can find a way, and there must be one, to only render the screen of your functioning eye you could possibly free up a TON of resources allowing you to absolutely max out the graphics. This could then give you the option of toying with the FOV so you could compensate for the lack of peripheral vision on your non seeing side. Another interesting experiment you could without reinventing the wheel would be to see if you can move the camera or seat or however so your eye is centered on the seat, I wonder if that could make an improvement?

Anyhow good luck my friend and as always **** cancer!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.