PitStopBoss

• pit-stop-boss

As Crisp says, the cars lap times etc. are computed in realtime. To do an 'instant' computation will be a big ask on processing - i dont really want to do a rough approximation of 16 laps in one simple calculation (for example).

So, I will have to program an accelerated lap system, but it will most likely be slightly disadvantageous to use, as it will use up a lot of processing resources.

Something for me to ponder on - this would most likely be a supporter option (Instant / Realtime driver runs)

• supportboss

Your rank improves as you gain points from races. The way the points are calculated are a complicated formula which is still being refined but when we finally have something that we think works best it will be explained on the FAQ.

• supportboss

That will be sorted out chaps, best to use the shoutbox for now.

• supportboss

The problem with that is it might cause conflicts with the driver suggestions. These aren't calculated until he pits so not sure if saving new settings before that happens is viable but I'll pass on the suggestion.

Thanks for you reply, PSB. Story sounds very logical and clear how everything is calculated. Im now getting more the hang from it: just adjusting my setup, sending my driver out again, then switch to another screen for doing other stuff and switching back to PSB minutes later to look what has come out of my run :)

• supportboss

Estoy pasando esta semana en Liverpool, ya te puedes imaginar el tiempo que hace aqui. Menos mal que no pienso salir de casa tampoco!

Qualifying...

As i heard from Artboss, there will be qualifyings before races come at the beta...i hope qualifyings be just like at the f1. contains q1, q2 and q3....:madgrin::madgrin:

• supportboss

PSB knows about that one, yes mate. In the meantime you can pause the telemetry by hovering your cursor over it.

• dollarman

What is the difference between the tyres?

Just a quick one about tyres.

Ok, there seems to be 3 makes of tyres. Control tyres, Star performance and PSB Premiums. These are all prefixed in live timing respectively by "C",
"S", and "P".

I've noticed during practice sessions that some drivers have tyres with a letter prefix of "M" and "B".

What kind of tyres are those and how can I compare them with the control, star and premium tyres?

• supportboss

Bridgestone and Michelin tyres.
You need to be level 3 to get them.
However, if you search for someone who is level 3 and then look at his history page you'll see the tyre he last bought there and can click on the link and see its stats.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.