F1 2011 Pit Strategy advice

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Ciao Guys! Need little help here about Pit Box strategy. I Started in 2nd, in start I could overtake Button and I was first before enter to the pit. I changed tyre in Lap 7 like in the radio said and the next change tyre got to be in Lap18.

I changed the tyre in Lap 17 because in radio got the messege that Rosberg had to pit 1 Lap later (L19) Rosberg finished 2nd Hamilton won the race and he started 10th

I did this race with 29 laps, what would be your strategy?

PS. There was some traffic in front of me after my pit box and I had Buemi "bumper to bumper" and the DRS was not available, why?

Thank you
Rafael

Depends on a number of factors really. What tyres did you start the race on for one and how hard you are on the tyres. With regards to drs were you within a second of the car in front at the detection zone and what car were you in as not all of them have drs.

Ok but were you right behind him at the drs detection zone? You know drs is not available all the time in races don't you? It's only available if you are within a second of the driver in front at the drs detection zone and then you can use it at the activation zone until you get on the brakes.

Ok but were you right behind him at the drs detection zone? You know drs is not available all the time in races don't you? It's only available if you are within a second of the driver in front at the drs detection zone and then you can use it at the activation zone until you get on the brakes.

Yep I know that, I was at the detection point and I was less than a second, really close, could this be a bug?

I used 3 times the DRS but I wasnt too close like with Buemi. With the other 3 drivers I was like 0.7xx or 0.9xx with Buemi I think I was 0.100 :eek:

usually i'm not first (ai legend with behaviour mod makes it hard WitH williams) so when for example vettel is pitting I wait lap and do the same, so after there is a balance in universe;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%