F1 2011 Pit Stops

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm going to be even sillier here, but I can't actually find where I set up my race strategy now? Last year I think it was just an option when you were on the engineer - but now I can't see it? How do I decide what lap I pit in and what tyres I start on?

Just a question! what happend when tells you to pit but you continue to do some laps to gain seconds?. I used to do that in 2010. I didnt do it in my first race because I was in good position and I didnt to screw the race up

Just a question! what happend when tells you to pit but you continue to do some laps to gain seconds?. I used to do that in 2010. I didnt do it in my first race because I was in good position and I didnt to screw the race up

You just continue to race as long as you like, and whenever you feel like you want to pit, just enter the pit lane and your pit crew will be ready.

You can postpone your pit stop as long as you want really. Don't forget to actually pit before the end of the race though, or you'll get disqualified :p (in 20%+ races, that is).

You just continue to race as long as you like, and whenever you feel like you want to pit, just enter the pit lane and your pit crew will be ready.

You can postpone your pit stop as long as you want really. Don't forget to actually pit before the end of the race though, or you'll get disqualified :p (in 20%+ races, that is).

Can you make your tire choice that quickly? If you're Red Bull or some other team at the front of pitlane you don't have a lot of time. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know.

I've just had my race destroyed at Catalunya because while the rest of the field are switching early to slick tyres on a drying track when I pit they still have inters ready. Can someone tell me the procedure for changing tyre strategy in race with the PC version of the game. Which keys do I press ? I'm racing with on oldish Wingman formula force GP wheel.

I've just had my race destroyed at Catalunya because while the rest of the field are switching early to slick tyres on a drying track when I pit they still have inters ready. Can someone tell me the procedure for changing tyre strategy in race with the PC version of the game. Which keys do I press ? I'm racing with on oldish Wingman formula force GP wheel.

I had a similar experience at Shanghai. I pitted a lap earlier than planned as I had a puncture, and went back out on inters. A lap or 2 later I receive useless information from the engineer, 'Alonso has entered the pits'. What he didn't tell me was that Alonso had fitted Primes, and so did everyone else.

The first I knew about it is when Webber and Vettel steamed past me on the back straight, like I was standing still, and they both had their DRS activated ...... to honest I thought 'cheating buggers', it's still raining and has standing water on the track, and they've got their wings open ..... boo! hiss!

So for the first time ever I paused the game and looked at the Race Director screen, and that's when is discovered that I was the only driver on inters, the rest had primes .....

I can laugh about it now, but I wasn't pleased at the time :)

Thanks for the replies. I've configured it on my wheel now although it's difficult to change strategy in race while driving in the wet. Also, the game loses all my controller settings when I quit the game , but that's another story

If i come in a lap early for a puncture or front-wing they call me back the next lap for new tires. Didn't i just get those? Ugh.. And sure, you can ignore the guy. But you have to make another stop before the race ends. I'd be fun if they could fix that..

Thanks for the replies. I've configured it on my wheel now although it's difficult to change strategy in race while driving in the wet. Also, the game loses all my controller settings when I quit the game , but that's another story

It only loses the settings if - at the start screen - you press any button that is not on the controller you used in your settings. For example, I use my wheel to drive (obviously), so if I hit "enter" to get past the start screen, my settings would be lost. I need to press the "start" button on my wheel.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.8%