DiRT Pikes Peak in VR

Needed a Pikes Peak Virtual Reality fix and discovered that Dirt Rally has a PCVR mod and 3 versions of Pikes Peak, Tarmac and a couple of older versions with the dirt tracks. As it was on special offer on Steam for less than $5 I grabbed it. Also with a clever tutorial you can change Dirt Rally to allow you to send any car in the game up the road rather than being limited to the hill climb specials. So of course I jumped in the Lancia Stratos as it is one of my favourite cars of all time and chose the oldest iteration of the course as this is the best and Dirt Rally tarmac physics really suck anyway. The changes you make to allow any car also allow any weather too, even snow if you want. I won't be troubling any leaderboards but I was quite happy with this run as I have a limited number of runs up the Peak. A few missed gear changes too, you really have to wait for the gear to fully engage. I noticed a few stutters in the recording that weren't in the game but overall the video captures the look in the headset pretty well although in a 2D small FOV kind of way :)

How to use PCVR in Dirt Rally

How to use any car on Pikes Peak

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes