AC Petit Le Mans @ Road Atlanta - 22nd October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Similar position here. I've signed up with a GT car (Merc) but happy to switch to the LMP2 if that makes it a better race for everyone.

I really enjoyed my few goes in the LMP2 but I tend to choose the slower class so I'm causing less grief for the quicker drivers. Happy either way.

I can read this .ini file in notepad??

I cannot read this .ini file , why ????

Attachments

• flames.ini
    386 bytes · Views: 46
  • brakes.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Similar position here. I've signed up with a GT car (Merc) but happy to switch to the LMP2 if that makes it a better race for everyone.

I really enjoyed my few goes in the LMP2 but I tend to choose the slower class so I'm causing less grief for the quicker drivers. Happy either way.

Hi Dave, I've switched yourself @Alfred Wayne and @Shed 17 to LMP2

Sorry for the late notice.

Not 100% on what the strategy options are here so maybe someone can give a quick summary of the options!?

I'm guessing safe bets are maybe hards and add 1 litre or 2 sets of mediums with split fuel. Softs for qualy only?!

Last edited:
Hi Dave, I've switched yourself @Alfred Wayne and @Shed 17 to LMP2

Sorry for the late notice.

Not 100% on what the strategy options are here so maybe someone can give a quick summary of the options!?

I'm guessing safe bets are maybe hards and add 1 litre or 2 sets of mediums with split fuel. Softs for qualy only?!
Thanks. There is definitely a new car effect where everyone wants to race it at the first outing. The server logs suggests we've all been trying the LMP2 anyway.

The following comes with caveats that I'm slow and may have got something wrong..

The tyre options on the lmp2 are limited to soft or hard. In practice the hards were showing significant wear at 30mins with my setup/pace. If the race is ~51 laps and the fuel capacity of the lmp2 is only 75L a single splash and dash on the hards is unlikely to work without a lot of fuel saving.

I think the choice is either 2 sets of softs or 1 soft and 1 hard. I guess it depends how far a set of softs takes you and what state they are in after 30mins.

Your mileage/aero/fuelmap/skill level may vary...

Feel free to delete if I'm giving away too much info. I can't quite remember the rules for what you are allowed to say or not before a race.

Tried to find the answer most of what you have said above, and failed, unable to read the .ini files. Unable to get the information from my app’s , CM will not work with this cars, so no app information.
So…..
I am going for softs, one stop. Brake ducts are 50/80 now I do not know if temps of disks effects the braking performance, who knows. They certainly do not heat up the tyres??

Tried to find the answer most of what you have said above, and failed, unable to read the .ini files. Unable to get the information from my app’s , CM will not work with this cars, so no app information.
So…..
I am going for softs, one stop. Brake ducts are 50/80 now I do not know if temps of disks effects the braking performance, who knows. They certainly do not heat up the tyres??

One the 911, brake ducts seemed to mostly effect braking through the tyre temp rather than the disc temps. Minimum disk temps with fully open ducts was 350C so not exactly going cold.

I think it is fantastic you are running events with these mods, because too many leagues shy away from them because people have to pay a few quid for them (honestly, it amazes me people will pay for DLC but not a few quid for AC mods)

I would love to have joined tonight, but I am afraid I am otherwise engaged (hope the GP clashing doesn't put too many off)

I have noticed sidekick can read the tire pressures for all sets, think wear too. The sim hub screen I use also can record tire wear %. I think hards, if 30psi is the right temp? Need just 1 - 2 clicks up FR and 1 click up RR tire.

Hard/soft combo sounds like a good move possibly. Haven't checked how long fuel and tire changes take. Looking at the timing on the server, there was 1 soft tire time, which was a second faster than the fastest hards time.

Should be an exciting race with sub 1:15s lap times!

Ooof, i know now a full tank of fuel turns this into a pogo stick. A real beach ball on the bumps and kerbs. I had a horrible first 35 minutes.
Pitted early to add even more fuel and compound the misery :/
Last 25 minutes the car was alot of fun, when the fuel burnt off. More than redeemed itself for my error :cool:

Congrats to Fulvio for the win and the podium. Have a good week :thumbsup:

From what Brian said , probably made all the right decisions for this race.
Softs + 40litres of fuel , one stop.
Started last, again good decision, kept out of trouble, a good decision.
A race of not much pace but good decisions. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
A circuit I just cannot get on with, I just lose so much time in so many corners.
So impressed with the faster drivers, try as I could I could not mimic those drivers, not that I expected too. But we are not talking about 1/10th in those, unfortunately, my Achilles heal corners.

I quite like the lmp2 car, but too hectic, reminds me of the Agile. Much better than those battery things. But I miss ABS so much, but at least the TC was very good, with plenty of adjustments.
Just guessed the setup, with very little to go on. But the car was consistent, which is the most important thing.
So a special well done to all the sub 11 second lapper’s. And Brian for the organisation.
PS I lost a lot of time in the first corner, try as I may I could not get that one right. So a well done to all those who murdered me in that corner.:rolleyes::D:D

My wrists and fingers ached after that. Ernie is right about it hectic. The LMP2s are definitely more intense than the GT3s.

After the chaos of T1 I found myself in P3 which is pretty unusual. Casper was an unwitting but effective rear gunnar fighting all the faster drivers to give me some breahting space. But I didn't have the pace to stay there and gradually the pack came past me but it was fun defending along the way.

I ignored my own advice above and tried to splash (20l) and dash on the hards. My hard tyres were quite sketchy by the end and consistent smooth driving from Dominic allowed him to catch up and get past. It was a close call between making a single set of hards go all the way to avoid the lengthy pitstop or Soft/Soft and having a 1s/lap advantage.

Apologies again to @Shed 17 for the terrible rejoin. I had a lot less acceleration on the grass than I expected and crept back onto the circuit in a terrible way.

Despite finishing last of the runners I really enjoyed that one.

@Interslice I might be able to join some of these races. I decided to buy and test the Mercer around this circuit and I loved the handling.

Before I push the button on buying more, do you think you will be running this combination for a while? I know you were struggling for GT3 drivers this past Sunday...

Hi Doug. The plan is to stick with these until January at least. Hopefully more folks will treat themselves to an early Christmas present :) We will run them out in a few of the marquee GT3 events in November early December. The big 3 ;)

Well, I must say, I found myself reluctantly switching into the LMP2 thing after the GT3 category was cancelled on account of too few entries. My first time racing with those LMP2s, and like Ernie said, they are indeed really 'hectic'. Not normally my thing. However, I found myself warming up to it and, after all was said and done, I really enjoyed the race.

After getting bumped around at T1, I found myself working up the field as drivers seemed to be going off or having incidents around me. Found myself holding onto 6th, but Paul and some others behind were on my trail closing in on me little by little. Finally, changing tires seemed to be a bad decision (unlike Ernie's chain of good decisions) which cost me 3 spots. Damn, that tire change takes forever, but I thought for sure that one set of tires wouldn't hold up under the intense stress those cars and that track must put tires under. Chalk that up to learning experience, I'll stick with one set of hards in the future..

Great fighting with Dave, who I was having a hell of a time catching. I was trying to put the pressure on him, lap after lap, but he didn't choke. Finally, an opportunity arose when Jarod seemingly came out of nowhere (or maybe I just need to pay better attention to my mirrors :confused:), and got through us giving me a chance to get by as well.

In the end, I was pleased to finish among the 'best of the rest'. Didn't crash or go off once which I was happy about. Nice job to the guys on the podium, congrats all. Thanks again to Brian for organizing. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd be down for another race in those cars.

Now, back to the same track tonight for the a race with the TA2 cars! As I mentioned, practicing with those cars here was good training, since they are even more difficult to control and handle than the LMP2 cars! But man, they are fun to drive.
See you on the next one!

but enjoyed the small 3 way battle with Casper and the other guy pardom me i dont remember his name
I loved it too, had a hell of a time defending against you but the other dude knackered my rear wing by bumping into it a couple of times unfortunately. Ended up needing to pit, which helped a lot but at that point I was two laps down and just doing hotlaps, got bored and went to do some SP racing.
Casper was an unwitting but effective rear gunnar fighting all the faster drivers to give me some breahting space.

Haha it did cross my mind a few times as I was keeping Fulvio at bay :D

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 90 58.1%