AC Petit Le Man - Premium Only

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
RD _Petit_leman.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. In this special event for Premium Race Department members only we will be recreating the Petit Le Man race the week after it is held in real life, on the 19th of November!

Using the password: SS2J

Like the real race, to be held at Road Atlanta on the 13th, we will have a multiclass endurance race featuring prototypes and GT cars.
While the real event uses all of the IMSA Prototype classes along with GT3 and the final year of GTE in IMSA for a total of five classes. We will keep things a bit more manageable and use the ever popular GT3 class along with the exciting and exhilarating LMP1 class.
We will race for two hours with a mandatory pit stop and a pit window between 30 and 90 minutes, with x5 time progression to simulate the full 10 hours of the real event.

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 15min for the GT3's, second 15min for the LMP1's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If a GT3 driver gets a Blue Flag from an LMP1, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the LMP by lifting on a straight, but you don't have to! The LMP driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any LMP. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Format
  • 18:00 UTC | Practice (10min)
  • 18:10 UTC | Qualification (30min)
  • 18:40 UTC | Race (2 hour +Pit Stop)

@Gareth Rhondda , I've noticed the password for this race isn't the same as the one used for RD premium events, so is it possible to include non-premium members - invited guests, i.e., previous premium members or folks with a good driving history?

Last edited:
@Gareth Rhondda , I've noticed the password for this race isn't the same as the one used for RD premium events, so is it possible to include non-premium members - invited guests, i.e., previous premium members or folks with a good driving history?
This event is meant to be for Premium members only, but if you trust them then you are welcome to share the password with them to help us with the grid size for sure. I'll hold you accountable if they cause me any troubles tho :D

(I haven't had a chance to check yet, so bare with my ignorance)
Is there (going to be) a practice server for this?

I had my first go of the track last night. It's a lot different from the 2018 version. It was like learning a new track, with a fifty-fifty chance of making the first turn or wrecking the car. It's a good job the damage is only set to 20%, I'm not sure that I can avoid hitting the wall for 90+ laps (that's assuming my bladder can hold out for that long :confused: :laugh:).

19 people were signed up when i checked this morning. 13 people were signed up by the time the session opened. 8 people turned up and only 3 people lasted more than 50 minutes. That lack of turnout for the number of signups is frankly disgusting and it really ruined it for the three of us who actually bothered to sacrifice 2 hours of our evenings to basically hotlap because there was nothing to race against. Absolute farce.

19 people were signed up when i checked this morning. 13 people were signed up by the time the session opened. 8 people turned up and only 3 people lasted more than 50 minutes. That lack of turnout for the number of signups is frankly disgusting and it really ruined it for the three of us who actually bothered to sacrifice 2 hours of our evenings to basically hotlap because there was nothing to race against. Absolute farce.
Right, I felt like I was hotlapping on my own so opted to save my own time and get out. I understand that's not a lot of fun but at that point I had given up on any Petit Le Mans vibe going on.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.