Passenger in a car

Does anybody know how to get a static passenger in to a mod car? Is there an app for it. I've seen it on some rally car mods that have a copilot kn5 file. Problems I've got is that I need to know how to get the mod car to recognise the copilot model kn5 file and also how to edit that kn5 copilot to display a specific skin with a driver no helmet look. Can anybody help please?

Does anybody know how to get a static passenger in to a mod car? Is there an app for it. I've seen it on some rally car mods that have a copilot kn5 file. Problems I've got is that I need to know how to get the mod car to recognise the copilot model kn5 file and also how to edit that kn5 copilot to display a specific skin with a driver no helmet look. Can anybody help please?
I'm struggling with this, since it has very few information available. However I got it partially done, doing the following:

1. Get the driver/co-driver model (let's call this kn5 file simply "passenger") from a car that already has it (mostly rally cars). It's the copiliot.kn5 you've mentioned, but it can be another driver model.

2. Place the passenger (*.kn5) it in the root folder of the car you want to mod.

3. Go to the Data folder of the car you want to mod. If there's no data folder, unpack it via CM.

4. Inside the now unpacked Data folder of the car, open the file LODS.INI. and add the following text:

[LOD_1]
FILE="NAME OF YOUR DRIVER MODEL".kn5
IN=0
OUT=500

Save it.

This will bring the 'second driver/co-driver/passenger' to the car, but probably in a wrong position - and that's the point where I'm stuck: I don't know how to move the 'co-driver/passenger' in relation to the car/driver that I want to mod.

In CM I cant move the driver, move the car+driver and move the combo car+driver+co-driver, but can't change position coordinates only for the added LOD1.

Anyone can help from here?

For further undestanding:

The "passenger" is a mere LOD object which rendering is added via Lods.ini. The problem is how to move this object in its own XYZ axis alone and save it. It seems the "drivermodel".kn5 has the position coordinates embbed on itself, a value controlled by some INI file but I can't find it.

I tried unpacking the kn5 (open drivermodel.kn5 in CM showroom with the button "unpackLOD Kn5". It gave me a folder "unpacked drivermodel" which contains FBX model, full textures and an INI file, but I couldn't find an obvious position adjustment setting. In the INI file there are many 'VAR values' that look like coordinate positions, but they're to many to try-and-error.

UPDATE 1
I opened the "passenger".FBX file with Kseditor plus the car mesh (for spacial reference). For some stupid reason doesn't matter how much you change the passenger mesh position. Kseditor is NOT capable of effectively store the position of the passenger directly in the passenger.KN5 file nor in the passenger.KNH file.

But there's a way to change the position of the passenger, it's pretty weird. First, the "driver_base_pos.knh" is the kind of file that determines the position of the passenger (as well the driver), but don't bother tweaking the numbers in the position tab in Kseditor, cause like said above it can't create/edit the knh file with the propper positioning (since it's always overrided by the existant "steer.ksanim" animation file).

What determines the position of the LOD1 (passenger) is the "driver_base_pos.knh" that stablishes the DRIVER position aswell. So, to move the passenger do the following:

1. Open the unpacked passenger.FBX in the Kseditor.
2. In the Kseditor menu, load a already made "driver_base_pos.knh" from another car. This will preset a fixed position for the passenger (and you can't fine tune it). If you want to add a passenger in the right side, use a "driver_base_pos.knh" file from a right side driving car (like japanese cars). Try to pick a car that is somewhat similar in size, lenght and height.
3. Then save the passenger FBX as a KN5 file, with the same name you added before in the loads.ini.
4. Check IN GAME the results (not in CM showroom).
5. If the result is not satisfactory, restart the process with another KNH file, from another car and so on.

I know all of this seems kinda dumb brute force and really sloppy, but I think it's the only way to do this without Blender or 3d mod software.

You can check out my "Volkswagen Scirocco MK1 Tuned". Just google it, you'll find it for sure. ;)

It has a female codriver inserted with an extension, which can be enabled and disabled with an extra button.

No need for editing any FBX, it can be used with any car. If you want a male co you'll need to create a new kn5 tho.

Last edited:
You can check out my "Volkswagen Scirocco MK1 Tuned". Just google it, you'll find it for sure. ;)

It has a female codriver inserted with an extension, which can be enabled and disabled with an extra button.

No need for editing any FBX, it can be used with any car. If you want a male co you'll need to create a new kn5 tho.
I downloaded the car but i cannot get the codriver to show up, what button? where do i find this? lol
Also i appreciate any hints as to how to use with other cars as well, im going crazy trying to find info on this. thanks a bunch!

Its mapped to Extra-F (STRG-ALT-Numpad8 by default), like described in the UI. :)
Unbenannt.JPG

Last edited:
Its mapped to Extra-F (STRG-ALT-Numpad8 by default), like described in the UI. :)
View attachment 731950
Quick question, and thanks for answering before, i managed to get it working!

If i wanted to use that for any other car, is there a way i can carry it over from your car file to another one?

I tried copying the Ini file code for it and the Gf file etc, but sadly i wasnt able to run it, also your car data file is a different file than the other cars, any quick workaround to make it work?

If not, thanks anyways for this awesome car!

No clue what you mean with "car data file is a different". The data.acd/folder data isnt even used. All is done with this snippnet of code in the extension:
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = pfa_vwsci_mk1_s1.kn5, pfa_vwsci_mk1_s1_lod_b.kn5
INSERT = girlfriend.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = int_gauge_glass
ROTATION = 0, 182, 180  ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = 0.26, -0.55, 0.435    ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters
SCALE = 0.95, 0.95, 0.95

[EMISSIVE_EXTRA_F_...]
NAME=girl01?
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY = 1
COLOR=0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 1
You need to change FILE=, INSERT_AFTER=, ROTATION=, maybe the SCALE and place the girly with the OFFSET-Part which are all directions from the center of the car.

For example, quick and dirty with the Porsche Macan (and mapped to another button, Alt-Numpad8):
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = porsche_macan.kn5, porsche_macan_lod_B.kn5
INSERT = girlfriend.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = GEO_Mainbody_Carpaint_SUB1
ROTATION = 0, -6, 0  ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = -0.1, 0.5, 0    ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters
SCALE = 0.925, 0.925, 0.925

[EMISSIVE_EXTRA_A_...]
NAME=girl01?
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY = 1
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY_INVERSE = 1 ; VISIBLE BY DEFAULT!
COLOR=0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1
ks_porsche_macan_amg_showroom_08_29_26.jpg

Last edited:
No clue what you mean with "car data file is a different". The data.acd/folder data isnt even used. All is done with this snippnet of code in the extension:
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = pfa_vwsci_mk1_s1.kn5, pfa_vwsci_mk1_s1_lod_b.kn5
INSERT = girlfriend.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = int_gauge_glass
ROTATION = 0, 182, 180  ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = 0.26, -0.55, 0.435    ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters
SCALE = 0.95, 0.95, 0.95

[EMISSIVE_EXTRA_F_...]
NAME=girl01?
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY = 1
COLOR=0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 1
You need to change FILE=, INSERT_AFTER=, ROTATION=, maybe the SCALE and place the girly with the OFFSET-Part which are all directions from the center of the car.

For example, quick and dirty with the Porsche Macan (and mapped to another button, Alt-Numpad8):
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = porsche_macan.kn5, porsche_macan_lod_B.kn5
INSERT = girlfriend.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = GEO_Mainbody_Carpaint_SUB1
ROTATION = 0, -6, 0  ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = -0.1, 0.5, 0    ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters

[EMISSIVE_EXTRA_A_...]
NAME=girl01?
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY = 1
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY_INVERSE = 1 ; VISIBLE BY DEFAULT!
COLOR=0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1
View attachment 734450
Youre a life saver!
thanks a lot for the explanation, i didnt know what actually needed touching, so i compared the cars and tried to find out the differences, and the wolkswagen had a data file, where the other car had a data folder with other files, so i guessed that might played a part in it, it seems i was wrong,

I will try to follow your explanation and see if i can make it work,

How do you guess what to put in " INSERT_AFTER"?
im guessing is the last part of the car mesh or something?

In any case, ill try make it work, thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out!

EDIT:

Ok i tried it, and i seem to not be able to get it working yet here is what i did:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = toyota_ae86.kn5, toyota_ae86_LOD_B.kn5,
INSERT = girlfriend.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = EXT_windscreen
ROTATION = 180, -6, 0 ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = 0.0, 0.01, -0.01 ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters
SCALE = 5.925, 5.925, 5.925

[EMISSIVE_EXTRA_F_...]
NAME=girl01?
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY = 1
COLOR=0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1

EXT_windscreen to get this i downloaded the obj in blender to see what object i could insert it after (since i had no clue where to insert it after)

Im not sure what im doing wrong, but the model doesnt appear, i even tripled the scale to see if it was hiding somewhere and couldnt see it but nothing.

Got Extra F mapped so it does work on the wolkswagen but for the life of me i cant make it work for the other cars.
Tried the default visivility too just in case, but Girlie doenst appear lol

Any help or tips would be absoluetly appreciated , thanks!

Last edited:
Well, I dont know what you are doing wrong. But for starters, use "TOGGLE_VISIBILITY_INVERSE = 1". Ive added this extra line so you dont need to toogle it every time.

INSERT_AFTER is usually the latest object of the car, but mostly other objects are working fine too. With the Scirocco Ive used an object within COCKPIT_HR, with the Macan Ive simply used a part of the cars body.

Another quicky for that specific car, you need to fine adjust it yourself. ;)
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = toyota_ae86.kn5, toyota_ae86_LOD_B.kn5
INSERT = girlfriend.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = GEO_interiors_SUB6
ROTATION = 0, 90, 0  ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = 0.65, 0, 0.15    ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters

[EMISSIVE_EXTRA_F_...]
NAME=girl01?
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY = 1
TOGGLE_VISIBILITY_INVERSE = 1
COLOR=0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1
BTW, dont use custom showroom, no csp features are shown in custom showroom!

My dude! i just added your code and worked!

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to help me out!
Btw where do you find the parts of the car? i had to put it inside blender after converting the fbx to find out the names of the parts lol, is there an easier way or thats the way to do it?

I will try later to see if i can replicate what you did on the 86 for other cars as well, i wasnt using the showroom before, but thanks for the heads up!

Made my day!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies