Parking Garage

Tracks Parking Garage 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
CrazTheKing submitted a new resource:

Parking Garage - 6 Level Parking Garage with a spiral exit, and front parking area.

Pgarage.jpg

"Parking Garage" is a 6 level parking garage with a spiral exit, alongside the garage contains a front parking area and a surrounding city.

CSP Settings:
GrassFX
LightingFX
RainFX
Trees (Csp required for trees, no 2d)

Secondary Download Link

This is my second...

Read more about this resource...

I have removed the collisions causing the issues, alongside fixed a couple other visual bugs including (not limited to) a pillar popping through a wall, and street lights. Bringing the track in to KS Editor now and will be uploading shortly.

Sorry, still not working for me, Object naming looks good for "floor" object but roof objects may not work ok. At now cars fall through the floor and through the spriral. Is it possible to just remove those roof objects for testing? Even Spiral_Concrete_ at least?

Roof objects to remove for testing, not sure if this helps but lets try:
Spiral_Concrete_
Roofs
cealing_1f

Other weirdly named objects to check, there's 5 parked cars with this kind of naming:
Object name: ï¿ï¾¦ï¿ï¾¸ï¿ï¾»ï¿ï¾¸ï¿ï¾½ï¿ï¾´ï¿‘ï¾€_005
Material name: ï¿ï¾œï¿ï¾°ï¿‘ツï¿ï¾µï¿‘ï¾€ï¿ï¾¸ï¿ï¾°ï¿ï¾»

Note:
This other Parking garage mod works fine for me

Underground Garaz Tube

So you may need to check more details from there how to solve these issues we have with your track.

The way collisions work in ac are based naming convention, if it doesn't start with 1_Wall 1_Road 1_Kerb or 1_Pit there will be no collision. So removing any other object without these names will not change. I do however know something else that may be causing this and will attempt tonight. What's odd however is I am unable to reproduce results. Tested many vehicles and all make it up and down every ramp. Btw the weirdly named objects are just buildings and/or cars.

The way collisions work in ac are based naming convention, if it doesn't start with 1_Wall 1_Road 1_Kerb or 1_Pit there will be no collision. So removing any other object without these names will not change. I do however know something else that may be causing this and will attempt tonight. What's odd however is I am unable to reproduce results. Tested many vehicles and all make it up and down every ramp. Btw the weirdly named objects are just buildings and/or cars.

I've definitely run into this problem before where some users fall through elevated roads and others don't. If it was an object naming issue, one would think all users would be experiencing the same thing. It's very possible this could even be the fault of a specific CSP setting (although we never discovered which one when we were troubleshooting this same problem on another map with a troublesome bridge overpass [HT: The Spot]).

I've definitely run into this problem before where some users fall through elevated roads and others don't. If it was an object naming issue, one would think all users would be experiencing the same thing. It's very possible this could even be the fault of a specific CSP setting (although we never discovered which one when we were troubleshooting this same problem on another map with a troublesome bridge overpass [HT: The Spot]).
Please see new attached picture.

So only if below is the so-called roof element, the car falls, the spiral is driveable when there is no roof element underneath.

It could be due to the fact that the roof element is as wide as the driving ramp, in which case the game engine cannot decide which element is intended for driving and which is the roof.

In another parking garage mod that works for me, the roof elements are narrower than the floor elements, i.e. different sizes.

Attachments

• Spiral.jpg
    Spiral.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 54
Please see new attached picture.

So only if below is the so-called roof element, the car falls, the spiral is driveable when there is no roof element underneath.

It could be due to the fact that the roof element is as wide as the driving ramp, in which case the game engine cannot decide which element is intended for driving and which is the roof.

In another parking garage mod that works for me, the roof elements are narrower than the floor elements, i.e. different sizes.

I havent had any (known) issues on my other parking garage (from backwoods freeroam) as far as falling through floors. Yet the sizing of the roof remains the same as the floor.

meshupdate-png.539680

screenshot_adc_mazda_fc__420_kc_driftgarage_9-1-122-19-29-43-jpg.539681

Im working on importing (this mod) without the roof on the spiral for testing purposes. In the mean time could one of you test my original parking garage mod and see if you fall through the spirals? That may help decipher if it is some other source (csp).

I havent had any (known) issues on my other parking garage (from backwoods freeroam) as far as falling through floors. Yet the sizing of the roof remains the same as the floor.

meshupdate-png.539680

screenshot_adc_mazda_fc__420_kc_driftgarage_9-1-122-19-29-43-jpg.539681

Im working on importing (this mod) without the roof on the spiral for testing purposes. In the mean time could one of you test my original parking garage mod and see if you fall through the spirals? That may help decipher if it is some other source (csp).
No issues with that original BackwoodsGarage. It seems that roof etc Objects are named in a different way than the new one. There may still be some naming problem.

No issues with that original BackwoodsGarage. It seems that roof etc Objects are named in a different way than the new one. There may still be some naming problem.

I couldn't imagine naming is an issue, being how Assetto does it's collisions based on a number followed by which type of collision.. however tomorrow when I get a chance I will upload and send over two copies of the track. One with the roof mesh deleted and one with a different name if you could test.

Guess I'm wrong it might just be the naming. According to luchain concrete can be a surface name as long as it's defined in surfaces. Obviously no surfaces are defined however who knows if anything changed throughout updates. I will upload tomorrow.

IMG_20230614_204826.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-14-20-46-26-836.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-14-20-46-26-836.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 38
I made videos:

This happens, tried also to drive much faster but that neither not helped to avoid these issues :)

3 new pictures, possible reasons for this issue. It seems that naming not done correctly, SRoof is not 1ROAD_SRoof etc, 'cealing 1f' (with space in the Object's name) is not 1ROAD_cealing_1f and strange looking Polygons in the Spiral.

Attachments

• weird cealing 1f Object.jpg
    weird cealing 1f Object.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Polygon issue.jpg
    Polygon issue.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 45
  • SRoof2.jpg
    SRoof2.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 45
I made videos:

This happens, tried also to drive much faster but that neither not helped to avoid these issues :)

3 new pictures, possible reasons for this issue. It seems that naming not done correctly, SRoof is not 1ROAD_SRoof etc, 'cealing 1f' (with space in the Object's name) is not 1ROAD_cealing_1f and strange looking Polygons in the Spiral.
Spiral seems to be correct for naming, contains both sroof (roof with no collision, and 1road_interiortarmac) I believe though 1road_interiortarmac should be 1_road_interiortarmac and likely the issue. I'll recheck naming tonight.
Cealing_1f is the first floor cleaning. No collision.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 235 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 37 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 90 33.7%