Paddle shifters stop working mid-race

I've just started playing Assetto Corsa with a Logitech G923 wheel and I have a frustrating issue.

I have completed the first Time Attack of the career in the Abarth 500 at Vallelunga (without any trouble). I am now doing the race that comes after, but at some point on the first lap the gear shifters always stop working, or more specifically I don't seem to be able to change up. The revs just go nuts, the Shift Up light blinks frantically but nothing happens when I click the paddle. I don't know if this is a bug or if I am just doing something wrong and breaking the car.

This doesn't happen on the Time Attack so I don't think it's a hardware fault with my wheel (nor other games). Also when I look at USB Controller configuration in Control Panel the paddle shifters show as working on buttons 5 & 6.

I always lift off the gas when changing gear (is it easier to damage gearbox in the race than Time Attack?). I don't see any damage indicators flashing. The clincher is that if I Restart Session the problem still occurs from the very start of the race. I need to exit and start the race over from the main menu and the problem goes away.

The wheel has been set up using WheelCheck and LUTGenerator though I wouldn't expect this to affect the paddle shifters in any way.

This is frustrating as I've really been enjoying Assetto Corsa, just going around and around on the same track in different cars to get used to the wheel (it's new). Now I'm ready to race I can't even make it around the track once without losing the gear change. Help!

Edit: it looks like the car is possibly being speed limited - at around 100 the revs go wild in any gear. Also happens in the next race. Managed 4750 in the time attack then failed to get a single lap in before the same thing happened in the 2nd race. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
I've managed to find a cure for my problem. Switching off Stability Control fixes it entirely. Managed to complete 5 races in a row without the problem recurring. Finally even won one and it FEELS SO GOOD!!!!!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%