F1 2012 Overall Thoughts On F1 2012

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I've been holding out to buy 2012 due to the unsatisfactory amount of bugs/issues from the previous releases, though some of the modders here did a great job ironing out what they could and made them more enjoyable. Six patches out already with 2012 and now people are getting drops in frame rates.

Everything considered; what are your overall thoughts on the game? And what are your issues (if any) with the game?

Keep it brief. Thanks.

I can afford it. It's just that I haven't dived in too deep with sim racing but playing rFactor2 (beta) and GTR 2 is pretty fun and got to grips with it fairly quick. If I had a good rig I'd likely be playing everyday. The price is steep but it's a top quality product. It'll last a long time. The force feedback on my DFP is set to 150% and I have a thick bungee cable running around my pedals - it still feels like a toy.
I have the thrustmaster t500,im quite happy with it now,only the linearity or the lockdegrees i need too change for different tracks,long straights like Monza my car can go twitchy alot,i havent played with another wheel so cant tell you if it feels better or not,but having the Ferrari wheel rim in youre hands really feels and looks like the real deal.

Just bought this game third in a row for me; 2010; 2011; 2012.
F12010 was the best and most stable for me. Actually finished a whole season and started another. Could not continue my season in F12011, off course not. After Japan I got a major bug and my season crashed. Never got it finished

Now F1 2012. Stunningly beautiful. But it crashes to desktop constantly . None of my other games have this problem. Not even Dirt3 or the previous F1 games.
Plus rear grip is ridiculous, I spin a lot even with max rear downforce or with the setups from this forum, which are normally very good.
Is this a bug? What updates will help. I DO NOT PLAY ONLINE!!
And whats with the speed limitation outside the track line!!!

BUT really you still can beat Geoff Crammonds GP games. There you can sit in the pits and get the full info plus TV view of other cars. classic classic clasic...

This game needs a no collision mod.
Online races against random people is pointless for you just get taken out at the first corner with a tap up the rear to make you outbreak yourself or get slamed up the wall if you goto overtake.
Seems to me its all about who can be the dirtiest driver on these quick 3 lap races.

The GOOD:
Having only one practice is not an issue.
Impressed that Codemasters has continued to rip out patches and are putting forth the effort to make everything right with the game. I'm equally impressed with their commitment to the users in regards to listening to all of our issues and taking feed back good or bad.

The BAD:
Surprised that Codemasters released the game with so many issues.
Disappointed that after 2010 and 2011 that Codemasters can't find a way to transfer career data from one game to the next for season purposes. I run a full season at 100% and am tired of having to go back and start a new career with a lower tier team after signing a contract with Ferrari, McLaren or Mercedes.. Hope sooner or later they will add a feature such as "Continue Career: Next Season" so a player can finish a season in the old game and move on in the new edition (such as 2012 to 2013) by transferring data and stats as other games will do.
I have the game for XBox360 and am disappointed that after all this time we still have yet to see a patch with even half the updates. Not going to attempt a career until all the patches have been released for XBox360 and the wait is a major let down. Seeing all the posts explaining patches for consoles take at least a couple weeks longer than PC is getting very old.

I appreciate the way the game is presented. Codemasters has done an amazing job. Hope they continue to listen to the fans/users who have been loyal to the game.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.6%