Oschersleben

Tracks Oschersleben 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Fuzo thanks for that update. Very appreciated. Is there any chance of a good Most track in the nearest future from your team? :)
Well, Most track is very tricky. There already is an AC version of Most, which is build from the same source as rfactor 2 version from Digga so if I did it we would have 2 same tracks and I don't see point in it. And second thing is that I know that @Patrik Marek is working on better, more accurate and recent version. I wonder in what state it is now :)

Well, Most track is very tricky. There already is an AC version of Most, which is build from the same source as rfactor 2 version from Digga so if I did it we would have 2 same tracks and I don't see point in it. And second thing is that I know that @Patrik Marek is working on better, more accurate and recent version. I wonder in what state it is now :)
Ok, and yes, I know from Patrik´s work, too. The current rf1 conversion we got is very poor so thats why I asked directly.
Do you think you may add a club version of Oschersleben, too (remove the barriers after turn 4) since the layout seems already to be there?

Ok, and yes, I know from Patrik´s work, too. The current rf1 conversion we got is very poor so thats why I asked directly.
Do you think you may add a club version of Oschersleben, too (remove the barriers after turn 4) since the layout seems already to be there?

OK why not? It is doable so I will add it if you want, but it will need some time :)

not enough time to work on it for quite some time, as I'm trying to finish some cars, the road surface is now pretty much done ( for the track), still few kerbs to be done, but yeah, mostly working on cars at the moment unfortunatelly
it won't be done anytime soon :(

Awesome course, but I was hoping for an AI improvement. They're really quite slow around the club course (just did a little session with the new SR3 that's been released by Shaun Clarke). Using that same car at Oulton Park (a mod course) or Brands Hatch (a kunos course), I get my ass handed to me, heheh, but at Oschersleben, I am apparently a racing god.

Awesome course, but I was hoping for an AI improvement. They're really quite slow around the club course (just did a little session with the new SR3 that's been released by Shaun Clarke). Using that same car at Oulton Park (a mod course) or Brands Hatch (a kunos course), I get my ass handed to me, heheh, but at Oschersleben, I am apparently a racing god.

As far as I know the AI performance is defined in the car mod, not in the track. All I can set in track is the racing line and track borders for AI, maybe there is something more what can be set but I am not aware of it. But the racing line was made by gamepad so it is not perfect, I will redo it when I will have the wheel (in 2 months).

Cheers, I think a wheel might go a long way in improving the line. As it is, the course is fantastic for multiplayer and hotlapping...and I could probably make things more interesting by cranking the ai difficulty up a little higher than usual. I know there's a way to generate a new ai line, and I'd like to give it a shot...I could at least improve it a little I think, but I dont understand how the ai line files get put together exactly. As I recall, there's an in-game utility I can use to retrace the fastlane.ai, but I might also need to retrace the track boundaries on both sides in order to get that to work, unless there's a .csv reference file for the track boundary that I could use. I've tried it once before, but tracing that track boundary is so tedious...really easy to screw it up, then you have to start all over again, oi.

Cheers, I think a wheel might go a long way in improving the line. As it is, the course is fantastic for multiplayer and hotlapping...and I could probably make things more interesting by cranking the ai difficulty up a little higher than usual. I know there's a way to generate a new ai line, and I'd like to give it a shot...I could at least improve it a little I think, but I dont understand how the ai line files get put together exactly. As I recall, there's an in-game utility I can use to retrace the fastlane.ai, but I might also need to retrace the track boundaries on both sides in order to get that to work, unless there's a .csv reference file for the track boundary that I could use. I've tried it once before, but tracing that track boundary is so tedious...really easy to screw it up, then you have to start all over again, oi.

Actually it is quite easy to create AI line, there are some tutorials around how to do that, but the AI borders are defined by the mesh which is asigned as "valid" which at this moment is the road mesh only but to make custom AI borders you can use AI Line Helper. I am using this tool and I am quite happy with it. As I mentioned, I am not at home, I am abroad and I will be back in december, until then I am able to use just gamepad and 15" laptop to do modding. But if you manage to improve the AI line send it to me and I will update the mod. I would really appretiate that :)

unknown.jpg
There's a problem with the AI on the AI line connection. AI brakes there in the middle of the straight, and makes a rapid manoeuvre to the right.

Thank you for this nice track. It looks really good.

I would like to use it but it just won't work with AI for me: it seems that every lap some AI smash right into the tyre wall barrier at the chicane. This makes races impossible against AI.

I removed the chicane_fix.kn5 from the folder but it made no difference.

Is there a way of getting rid of that tyre wall? It's a pity - I can't use this track because of it.

Thank you for this nice track. It looks really good.

I would like to use it but it just won't work with AI for me: it seems that every lap some AI smash right into the tyre wall barrier at the chicane. This makes races impossible against AI.

I removed the chicane_fix.kn5 from the folder but it made no difference.

Is there a way of getting rid of that tyre wall? It's a pity - I can't use this track because of it.

There should't be any wall when you remove the chicane fix, there is just small hidden mesh where those red plastic bars are, but it shouldn't stop the car. I tried to fix AI line as well for GP layout (other layouts don't have chicane barriers), but I have tested it only with some touring cars, maybe some faster cars still have problems there but I am not very good at setting AI, I do tracks primarily for multiplayer use :) What car are you using there?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea