ORSM_rFactorV8Unleashed

Cars ORSM_rFactorV8Unleashed 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello @Doug62 – if you would prefer that I take down my RD downloads of V8 Factor Unleashed (here and here, which include both the base mod and several skinpacks) so that you can post "official" downloads (since I believe you are or were a part of ORSM) please feel free to let me know and I will do so. :)

Hello @Doug62 – if you would prefer that I take down my RD downloads of V8 Factor Unleashed (here and here, which include both the base mod and several skinpacks) so that you can post "official" downloads (since I believe you are or were a part of ORSM) please feel free to let me know and I will do so. :)
Personally I never liked two part downloads. It was always a issue to glue them back together and have it work right. I was one off the lucky ones who had enough experience with rF file structure that I could but there was always a big number off people having trouble with it.

I'll leave it up to you to make the call. I'd be interested to see your download count, be interesting to see what the popularity is like after all these years.

The 2003 season I uploaded a few years ago has just under 200 DLs so going by that it's not that popular.

The original rFactor just generally seems to not be that popular anymore, even compared to its isiMotor2 counterparts like GTR2 and AMS1. But it still offers a very solid 2000s-2010s Supercars experience thanks to ORSM, FVR, and various track modders. :) Currently my part 2 upload of V8FU (posted in March of 2022) has 267 downloads, for whatever that's worth :roflmao:

Personally I never liked two part downloads. It was always a issue to glue them back together and have it work right. I was one off the lucky ones who had enough experience with rF file structure that I could but there was always a big number off people having trouble with it.
I dislike them myself as well. The file simply got too big to cope with the RaceDepartment 500 MB file size limit, so I had to do what I had to do. FYI the download I put up contains all the cars (including the Community Edition cars), skins for 2007-2012, and the 2011 Fujitsu series -- simply because that's the version of the V8FU download I found on the TrippTeam server.

Having a place like RaceDepartment where mods can be downloaded safely and therefore aren't lost forever is fantastic. Since it was nigh-impossible to find a download for V8FU, I decided to try to help preserve the mod by making it available again thru an upload to RD (like I have for a bunch of rF1 mods, if you check out my "Mods" section). If you're willing to separately upload the various add-on packs to V8FU, I'd happily take down my download.

Finally, just wanted to point out that a user posted a couple bugfixes for the 2007 and 2011 cars in the forum thread for part one of my download. Thought it might be of interest to you.

Last edited:
Yeah,, I have been trying to setup a upload for the 2012 season all morning. Moving folders around to fit in with RD's rubbish limitations. So far it's in "5" rar files. There's a couple over the 500 but seem to be able to upload so far. In total it's 2-1+ GB just for the skins team folders. Not been fun.

I did notice the errors listed. I'll fix mine before I upload anything. It was a massive undertaking at the time so things did slip through.

Hey Doug, I've been doing this for AMS with a track pack themed to ORSM v8 Supercars. I have all seasons 04 to 12 done. I think I've completed the season files for each with every track the V8s ran over those years. I have put together as many year versions of each track that I have found over the years. It is an amazing mod.the work that went into it is unreal. Makes it a dream to keep nice and organised. the 15 gig of skins is incredible. Haven't figured out the naming of them in relation to tracks and race season events. mine, I think will need to be renamed in the veh files, as all of the tracks have new naming to coincide with years.... Would the ORSM team authorise my conversion to be released properly. the tracks I'm not so sure. Any way, love this version ( I have all anyway ) but nice to have a full one archived. Thanks MJQT
Paul
untitl11.jpg
32710.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering