Oran Park Laser Scan (LIDAR) WIP Conversion Released

ORAN PARK LIDAR V 0.25 RELEASED ON STEAM

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2081504746

Oran Park V0.25

* This is a conversion of the original rFactor track, made in 2008
* All objects and most textures are used except for those that RF2 require.
* This is an initial conversion, and there is still a LOT of work to do.
* AIW file will need work. Th garages etc are correct, but the race line etc need updating.

FUTURE UPDATES

* The next lot of updates will include an extended terrain area
* Parts of the track will be replaced by updated LIDAR mesh
* Pit area and building will be overhauled.
* Control Tower overhauled.
* Kart Center will work in future versions as will the other 2 versions, the South Circuit, and the North Circuit

Due to my wife having a serious illness, I will do as much as time allows.

Special thanks to Brendon Pywell, Brendan Elliott and Chris Larmour who gave permission and LOADS of original files to work with.
Heartfelt thanks. I will do my best to make this track special.

Mike Cantwell

www.mikestrackbuilding.com

Hey everyone, long time no post....

I have been lying low for a while with personal issues....my darling wife was diagnosed with cancer last year. We went though that first battle and in February this year was diagnosed again with cancer in her lymph nodes and lungs.....so I lost all interest in things as you can imagine.

About 2 years ago I started chasing up getting permission to convert the original Oran Park track made for RF1 by Brendon Pywell, Brendan Elliott and Chris Larmour. I finally got the green light and Brendan Elliott and Chris Larmour have been so helpful. They even had all the original files (2+ GB worth) and I have those.

I know another version of Oran Park has been done...this is not about competing etc, just another choice we have. I have already had criticism over this...

Anyway, it is basically an easy conversion, but all the textures for the road and grass have to be changed and the original textures darkened etc so they do not bloom.

I will be adding a large terrain area so the horizon looks better.

Here are some WIP photos....

29.jpg31.jpg41.jpg53.jpg54.jpgLIDAR info.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back