Optimising Fanatec CSV3 Pedals

Fantomaz

Premium
I have Fanatec CSV3 Pedals with the hydraulic damper and brake performance kit installed.
I have a lot of trouble getting a proper brake feel in certain sims, especially in iracing.
There is only ONE setting for the brake in fanalab or the fanatec driver, which is "brake force" and that basically defines how much pressure you have to put on the brake to get to the maximum value.
Do any of you have any trick to get a better feel of "how much to brake" to get to max braking just before wheel lock?
At the moment for me it's completely hit and miss and I have a hard time being consistent mainly because of that.
Any help greatly appreciated.

I also have the brake performance kit installed and I experienced the same issue with difficulties finding a consistent brake force to apply, I guess partly it's just how it is because of the tiny bit of PU foam used in the brake which will probably never be able to reproduce a linear braking curve consistently. It has improved for me though, one thing that really helped me was to enable the "BR ABS" in the tuning menu and set it to 95, now the pedal rumbles as soon as the ABS engages which made it a lot easier for me to find the correct braking force for threshold braking. I've mostly been running Assetto Corsa Competizione and not sure how well this setting applies to ABS in other games. Have you tried using the "BR ABS" setting in the tuning menu?

I use 90 or 95 for brake force in the tuning menu and I have one red and one green rubber bits from the brake performance kit installed. I've read posts from other users who have recommended to not install the damper when using the brake performance kit, even Fanatec's support recommended me to not install both on the same pedal.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 157 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 30 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 53 29.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 66 36.7%