Optimal AI

I've only been PC racing for a few months, but luckily I make up for my lack of experience with a total absence of natural talent. My league and community races have made me an expert on the tail-lights of every GT3 and GT4 make and model. Thus, I practice against the AI to work on race-craft. I'm competitive up to 95 AI and consistently bump that number up but it never translates online (I always look to race in "casual" or "all skills welcome" events.)

For those who race against the AI, what's your ideal AI and aggressiveness level to replicate "real life?" Have the new tweaks to the AI made it better? I need to make the most out of my practice races in my quest to not embarrass myself, yet nothing I do against the AI translates into real life improvement.

If your goal is to race online, you should do so sooner rather than later. Practicing against the AI, while absolutely useful for certain aspects, can only ever get you so far as they are quite different to real people. If you don't want to embaress yourself online, take it slow in the beginning of a given race until you get a feel for the people around you, maybe have an extra car length between you an the car in front. Know how your car behaves in different situations, and be aware of you own limits regarding car control. Know your lines and your braking points and use the radar app to help make you more aware of your surroundings. Your confidence in your abilities will probably build up faster, and you can also have good races right from the beginning even if you're fighting for 2nd to last place. You know, for the fun :)

With the conscientiousness you show I guess people won't have much of an issue with you. People usually have no issue with a rookie driver, more with drivers who continuously show they don't know their limits or who misbehave.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.4%