OpenXR support for VR

atakegp

Premium
OpenXR for MSFS will support dynamic foveated rendering using the Varjo Aero. That would be awesome for sim racing. High res where you are looking and lower res where you are not. A clearer image and probably better performance. The Aero is expensive but I expect more headsets to adopt some of its features at a lower cost in the future. Future proof the next AC iteration.

You might wanna look into things further…it is already here

Kunos said it couldn’t be done he proved them wrong
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that this doesn't support the Varjo Aero at all, only WMR headsets and that it also has NO support for dynamic foveated rendering(what the main reason was for the topic starter to ask for openxr support).

Ah I see that now….Im not sure, oculus users can use it. Also the open xr toolkit covers ffr if it does work but u prob know more than me as a aero user
This works along side but only for some games. Not acc for example.

Have u tried this for now…

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that this doesn't support the Varjo Aero at all, only WMR headsets and that it also has NO support for dynamic foveated rendering(what the main reason was for the topic starter to ask for openxr support).
From discord today

Mmbucchia:
Quite pleased to say that I've been working with a Pimax user to implement eye tracking for Pimax to do Foveated Rendering, and we got it working today!!
Pimax will join Varjo Aero and G2 Omnicept in the list of headsets capable of Foveated Rendering with Flight Sim 2020!

ACC utilizes the openXR plugin for Unreal Engine and is one of the few titles to support eye tracking for foveated rendering. Because it’s based on eye tracking it’s called DFR (Dynamic Foveated Rendering). Plugging this thread with hope that AC2 will natively support openXR so we can take advantage of this feature and many more.

• Deleted member 197115

ACC utilizes the openXR plugin for Unreal Engine and is one of the few titles to support eye tracking for foveated rendering. Because it’s based on eye tracking it’s called DFR (Dynamic Foveated Rendering). Plugging this thread with hope that AC2 will natively support openXR so we can take advantage of this feature and many more.
ACC is not OpenXR native and requires OpenComposite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea