Open wheel tire texture problem

Seeing if anyone has seen this issue. For open wheel mods, my front tires are darkened and there is no texture visible from the cockpit. I can barely make out the labels from the cockpit due to the darkened textures. They look fine in replay.

Thought it had to be a setting, extension, or shader, but I cannot find the reason. Anyone seen this? Thanks for the help. It has to be something that has been added.

Seems to happen when I add third party skins...for KS and mods. I am totally confused. If I reinstall an original skin the issue goes away. Looking to see what is happening when I install a new skin that makes all skins within a car have blackened front wheels in cockpit view. Now I am really perplexed.

Looks like any time I adjust anything in a car's folder the tires and wheels go dark. Unreal. I can only imagine it's in one of the shader programs. I have shut them all off and no help. Update previews, add skins, or anything and the problem occurs. Just looking to see if anyone has any ideas. thanks

Thanks for the help. Looks like you are on the right track. I reinstalled all KS cars and mods and left the tags alone and they seem to almost all work. Who would have thought tags would affect shadows? Thanks for the help. I am much closer to the solution.

Thanks BlackToof. I learned that all open wheel cars need "singleseater" or "open wheeler" in the tag section or the tires are shaded dark black. Not sure what shader is doing this, but I figure the game wants to avoid shining light on a tire if it cannot be seen in cockpit view. It appears to be looking for this tag to determine this detail. Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of it.

Thanks BlackToof. I learned that all open wheel cars need "singleseater" or "open wheeler" in the tag section or the tires are shaded dark black. Not sure what shader is doing this, but I figure the game wants to avoid shining light on a tire if it cannot be seen in cockpit view. It appears to be looking for this tag to determine this detail. Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of it.
I think I'm a bit late in this haha, but for future people who might have this problem just disable "shadowed wheels" in csp. As the tab says it "adds a smooth shadown in wheel arches" (which open wheelers don't have). This is helpful for the people who organise their cars with tags and don't want the tag singleseater appearing in tags section!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.