F1 2011 Online Race Quitters !!!!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi.....first of all im not gonna moan about this game as i think its great....yes it has probs, but overall ive had some great fun playing it.
My gripe is with online quitters........For instance.....I mainly race the quick race online as there never seems to be enough players playing the longer races. It seems to me its mainly the guys who are rated 40-50......so they are obviously a lot better than me..( im rated 10) . I was racing at Brazil in a 3 lapper with 6 other racers, and i was the lowest ranked player in the race. I was in 2nd place when we started the 2nd lap, and there was a russian guy trying to get past me, and in the end he done a daredevil move where there wasnt enough room for him to pass me. He hit my back end and had me off the track, but i recovered ok and carried on......he however, spun out and basically dropped to last. A few seconds later i get the message that the guy had been disconnected......obviously cos he couldnt bear the thought of a "lesser" driver beating him. I see it happen on a regular basis, so i doubt it is really a disconnection.......more like a Quit !!!!
Would that guy drop any rank points if he went to the end but came last???
Or if he quits as soon as he realises that he aint gonna make his objective does he skip losing rank points???
Just seen to me like some people just hate to lose.
Happy racing guys

People quit out of races for all manner of reasons, but it does seem suspicious when it happens under those circumstances.

Just concentrate on your position, and dont worry about them, its where you finish that affects your rank, not theirs. And one less car on track is one less car to beat.

On a side note, a higher rank doesnt automatically mean they are better or faster than you, it just means they have spent more time racing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.