Online gaming: Still going?

Hy guys!
I've just bought GTR-2 on Steam to play, but then I learned that Power'n Glory is the really stuff, so I've just downloaded and instaled. It's so damn great!!!
But what about online races? I logged in but there's not even one server going on.
Am I doing something wrong or is this past already?
Thank you, friends!

hi vinicius,

not much power`n glory in online anymore (same with GTR2 too),

there is a german side called .......http://www.festbierbude.de/

here i think each tuesday germany night time is a online race, where usualy much drivers are in.

if i remember correct, then in http://www.nogripracing.com/index.php
there are each 2nd week a race too, if i remember correct, but not 100% sure, you must search a little in this forum.

think this was it for p+g online races....

servus

Hy guys!
I've just bought GTR-2 on Steam to play, but then I learned that Power'n Glory is the really stuff, so I've just downloaded and instaled. It's so damn great!!!
But what about online races? I logged in but there's not even one server going on.
Thank you, friends!

TBH, when it comes to GTR2 and P&G, you'll be much better simply forgetting about RD.
For whatever reasons, unfortunately GTR2 (and P&G) never got the deserved attention here, opposite to other places where there were strong communities around it, and for almost a decade.

As mentioned, get into the NoGrip forums.
Check the Sunday and Wednesday night racing threads (SNR and WNR).
There is also an official P&G forum (plus FAQs and etc), under the GTR2 section.
And, of course, check Festbierbude.

TBH, when it comes to GTR2 and P&G, you'll be much better simply forgetting about RD.
For whatever reasons, unfortunately GTR2 (and P&G) never got the deserved attention here, opposite to other places where there were strong communities around it, and for almost a decade.

The key word is "were".

There are still a few of us who love GTR2 and the P&G mod. I regularly enjoy some offline AI P&G action.
But back to RD being a bit of a ghost town for those two, well I suppose it is now. As it is for many older race sims. But NoGrip is quiet for even up to date race sims like AMS and RRE.
I remember the heady days of Blackhole Motorsports, now there was a site that encompassed everything to do with PC race simming. :):thumbsup:

Yep, I remember Blackhole Motorsports. Old times, good times with F1Challenge and mods. Oh my. But this times is also good :cool:.
Latter edit:
Still have F2C 99-02 on my HDD and this is maybe 4 or 5 HDD and 3 or 4 computer since those days.
STRANGE :geek:
Latter latter edit:
I try to start it. Don't work. :(

Last edited:
I remember the heady days of Blackhole Motorsports, now there was a site that encompassed everything to do with PC race simming.
Agreed, it was really great site and a wonderful resource, I don't remember all the arguing and trolling going on then, (maybe rose coloured specs) Or on No Grip when it was Rally Trophy. What a shame that BH folded.

hello,

there is still one very good online league for online racing in GTR2.
http://unitedracersleague.com/forum.php

the first 4 races it was between 24-30 drivers the races, actual there is a mid season break, next race is on 1st november in lemans!!!! with around 25% chance of rain (with rain this race will be hard, haha)
we use orginal GT(1) cars and any addon GT1 cars like the nissan gtr, ford gt, aston martin, mclaren F1 gtr, corvette c6 or panoz and a few others.
the cars are as good as possible balanced in performance, so that every car can win the championship, but of course the performance is different from track to track.

races are on tuesday each 2nd week at 9.00 german time,
70min races with changeable weather (patch).
the standard of drive is high, as there are no "crash kids" in GTR2 in leagues and only people which have a long history of GTR2 races do still drive this racegame.
sad to say, but there is no better racegame as GTR2 for leagues (only the netcode is little problem, wish it would be as good as in rf1).

perhaps someone do still drive GTR2 and would like to join a league with fair drivers, this league is perfect, the range of drivers is between 1 real alien we have to normal average drivers which are 3-4 sec. behind our fastest driver,
there is a AM cup too where the slower driver get a own championship inside the normal championship.

servus

hi flaviu,

it is 9.00 PM, where a short driver briefing start (talk quick about things like how to hand difficulty pitbox outcome or other trach/race things which people should know, perhaps 1-2 min. this take), then start quali around 20min. , and around 9.25 perhaps the race do start.

and the races are biweekly, 1 tuesday GTR2, the next tuesday AC (GT3)
you have to sign up in forum, if you like you can make quick introduce? yourself.
then you have to download car/track pack and if you like you can install TS too (for hear briefing and talk before and after race a little).
and if something you will know, do make questions in forum, always people do help.

hope to see you..

servus

Hy guys!
Thank you, friends!

Hi,
I'm happy to say there is a big community of gtr2 players on https://www.rennsimulanten.de/gtr2
Most of them are from germany, but alot from uk, italy, belgium, holland, france...
Check it out!

Gtr2 is the best and .... the rest!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes