Old Skin Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jack Clayton So, how would I make it lighter? It's imposible in Gimp. There is something wrong.
the only way to make it lighter is to:

Images -> Flatten Image
Layer - Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel
Layers - Transparency -> Color to Alpha

A small window opens and you can choose a color, use the eyedropper to select the colour you want to be transparent (i.e the glass)

however, I could only get this to be completely clear. no matter what I tried, I couldn't get any tint, perhaps you might have more success.
I guess it's either clear or completely black windows with the Cruze unfortunately...

hope this is helps.

I had the same problem and I asked in the tutorial thread and got no answer :D So I started to read and search. I'll tell right what you have to do:
Download Paint.NET and install the DDS plug-in.

Finish your windows with Photoshop/GIMP and save them as PSD file. Open that PSD file with Paint.NET, click on the BASE COLOR layer and set the opacity as you like it. Around 100 the windows are completely transparent. Merge the layers, flatten the image and save as .DDS file. CTRL + Z twice and save the .PSD just for a backup.

Looking good Jack, but you've got my number on it :p And I thought 71 was far enough out in the list to keep it too myself :p

The car looks a bit intimidating with those dark headlamps, like an evil force is out to pass :D

@Lars Brugman, you're welcome :)

Looking good Jack, but you've got my number on it :p And I thought 71 was far enough out in the list to keep it too myself :p

The car looks a bit intimidating with those dark headlamps, like an evil force is out to pass :D

hey Rob,

you've got to be kidding me?! that was exactly my thinking as well! haha :)
I'll be sure to check the list change it (got some other minor tweaks to make anyway), don't want any clashes :p

and thank you, I quite like the intimidating dark look of the lights ;)

or you simply create a new channel within Gimp's channel menu and copy your alpha layer texture to it and then flatten your image and apply a layer mask using the newly created channel :)
then just save as DDS in DX5 and make sure to enable generate mipmaps :)

If you are an absolute beginner in skinning like me and have tried to make skins for these cars and have problems with windows, here you go. I managed to modify these templates, no kidding, so you can make your skin more easily now, or better, you can make one if you didn't succeed at all!

Read RD skinning tutorial if you haven't read it yet. There is only one minor exception, read readme.txt file.

And you can now adjust lights and windows opacity on Cruze separately. How cool is that?!

bmwoverview.jpg

cruzeoverview.jpg

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/2383097/file.html
or
http://www.filefactory.com/file/5xt4alhg6ykb/n/modified_STCC2_templates_zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 464 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.2%
Back