1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old PCARS Club Threads

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2 Racing Club' started by Bram Hengeveld, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeSL9

TeSL9
    Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) Premium

Ratings:
    +267
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +472
    Had the same "start experience" earlier today for the first time, my cpu is overclocked still had to wait for the green light ;)
    Mh, the vga cabel of the middle monitor was loose, every couple of corners i got a 2 sec black screen thats why i lost control in the second lap.
    Pit stop took long, probably damage repair (thought i turned that off), once the pitcrew animation ended i was stuck for another 5 sec without being able to accelerate. Got a penalty for speeding that didn┬┤t apply after the race. Finished 4. but the game decided i was 3. also gaps were wrong.

Lets hope the Ferrari gets patched soon, 1-2 sec difference to the next best car ...

• Like Like x 1
  3. rw3

rw3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +112
    I followed the guide but my steam name still showed up on the server, as it appears it did for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Captain Condescending

Captain Condescending
    Nerd, Petrol Head, Professional Noob Premium

Ratings:
    +86
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Ratings:
    +992
    Thanks everyone for joining, next event is up: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wec-fuji-tue-10oct17.141752/ Since the event is less than 1 week prior to WEC 6h of Fuji, that is what we will drive :)

Yup unfortunately it still uses the Steam names, so it's ok if people don't use their real names for the time being. Make sure to post your Steam nicknames when signing up though :thumbsup:

6. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Ratings:
    +992
    I think we can maybe do a manual formation lap until this is fixed. So everyone stays stationary on the grid when the light turns green and then we'll drive one lap followed by a rolling start.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,396
    Well i was finally able to find the server and join but was 5 sec to late at making it on the grid.
    Key was setting the ping in steam to its max which i think is 15000? None of the other lowers ones would show the server. Which is ridiculously high as ive never had a ping higher than 140 in other titles connecting to rd servers.
    Hope you guys had fun and i will join in the next event :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. mancSLO

mancSLO
    Premium

Ratings:
    +94
    Did a pit request buton work wth you? I cant go into tje pit, becouse my button doesent work.
    Later i try in single player and there it works.

9. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN

Ratings:
    +1,396
    Its been happening to me aswell in all modes...if you go in the icm you can manually request a pitstop while on track but than its a 50/50 chance your crew will actually change the tires lol

10. bloozmahn

bloozmahn
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    sorry i mussed this, i never pull a no-show but had the wrong time on my reminder calendar !

might consider putting EU as the tag to make it easier to sort for timezones. totally my error but it might help avoid any confusion.
    will there be any weekend events or weeknight more american -friendly times?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mancSLO

mancSLO
    Premium

Ratings:
    +94
    But pit reques did not detect so my pit crew is not shown?

12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN

Ratings:
    +1,396
    Ya ive had that happen too...the one time it happened where the pit crew was not visable the tires were still changed thankfully
    ALOT of bugs still to be sorted in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken
    Premium

Ratings:
    +148
    Fun race guys! I have never had an experience like this in any other video game.. it was amazing ! For me everything worked as it should.. my pit stop went fine , i even changed the pit request from gas & softs to wets and no gas via the race manager with my g27's game pad and it all went fine , i could even see the treded wet tires as the pit crew handled them ..
    A couple things: about v-mirror ! this must be set from the "Light" hud settings then saved .. it wont stick from any other hud settings . Been there done that :)
    In game name: Don't get confused with this its actually very simple, you dont do it in the game you do it in Steam , when you open steam it shows your user name in the upper right , click on it and go to your profile now simply hit edit and change the name to what ever you want ! Then save - done.. Steam allows you to have as many names as you want under the same account , once you add a few you will see them in a drop down in your profile saying "also plays as your name here"
    The only time ive had issues with stuff not working and it was 3 times total ,with being stuck in pits while it said " waiting"was when i had huge ping to the server i was on , changing to servers with lower ping = no issues for me .. you can also adjust the bandwidth in steam and the server regions, under steam properties downloads .. anyway this game is to good !! so I hope SMS can iron out some of these bugs soon !

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks
    Ivan Fojan Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +310
    Thanks for the race guys, it was fantastic to catch up with you all again after more than a year away.
    Pcars 2 looks amazing, the rain effects are incredible!

See you soon and gratz to the podium :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken
    Premium

Ratings:
    +148
    One thought I had after the race ...The overclock/out of sync with other players bug is for me the worst one ..that needs to be squashed asap for any hopes of legit online league racing ..there is a thread in the MP forum at SMS talking about it..its kind of hush hush on the exact settings that cause the issue , so other players wont use it as a cheat :confused: :D

Anyway its only on certain setup's and rare this time around ..well compared to when AC & PC1 had it ..
    They need system spec's /full details from overclocked players having the issue to help narrow it down !

You can PM spec's to any of the Moderators in the SMS thread ...

Or If you PM them to me I will pass them along ..
    Great racing today ..even with the issues ...as one of the few of us that had it run right ! It was AMAZING !

• Like Like x 1
  16. mancSLO

mancSLO
    Premium

Ratings:
    +94
    Did you use default pit strategy or your own? Im try to use my own but it doesent work when i press pit request button. No yelow grafical indicator, no pit crew?

17. rw3

rw3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +112
    I had a really fun time out there, though I think I may have had a bit of netcode contact with a couple of guys (I think I clobbered @mancSLO but I'm pretty sure I wasn't actually close enough to do that - can't remember exactly who my 2nd contact was with) - though it may just be my VR leading me to go closer to people than perhaps I should in an online race. I'll have to work on that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TeSL9

TeSL9
    Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) Premium

Ratings:
    +267
    We are going to have very good races with this sim! ;)
    And its so beautiful... maybe i need to upgrade my graphics card to have more fps :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mancSLO

mancSLO
    Premium

Ratings:
    +94
    I have 60fps with 1060 geforce settings. There are some freez. What setring have must to reduce?

20. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Ratings:
    +992
    The technical staff are on it, EU tags are also required so that our events show up in the calendar :)

We are still looking for volunteers who would like to organize pcars 2 events, I will also make an announcement on TS during the next race. At the moment we can only run occasional races every other Tuesday because of my schedule.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.