F1 2010 Official Marussia Virgin F1 2010 Time trial competition!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
huh, didn't notice that but yea Andrew is right:
The lap can be achieved in any of the three practice sessions or during the qualifying session.

That's not very well thought out of them, I mean to get the fastest lap you'll need to turn fuel and tire sim off anyway in GP mode making it as arcade as TT while removing the stable conditions. Me thinks they don't really know how the game works lol

I saw this too on Twitter.... you're right they have not really checked things out have they.. TT would have been the best bet.. perhaps we should let them know as it hasn't started yet and maybe they can re-think it before it does.

You do have to use a virgin car with the 2010 spec.....so with all the sims off it should be like TT but with a bit slower car.....
Or maybe you could drive in the virgin but cars set to equal? Are they going to notice that? How are they going to check that?

You do have to use a virgin car with the 2010 spec.....so with all the sims off it should be like TT but with a bit slower car.....
Or maybe you could drive in the virgin but cars set to equal? Are they going to notice that? How are they going to check that?

All they are saying is that if asked we must produce a video of the lap to within 1 second of our posted time.

I tweeted their PR chick this:

@tabathavalls you might want to look into the rules for your @codies F1 2010 competition and tell people to set a time using only 'Time Trial' mode. It is the only game mode where conditions are stable, whereas the other game modes many factors can influence times, cars can be set to equal, fuel and tire sim can be toggled on/off, and there would be no way for you to check which settings were used...Still a very nice idea and I'll be participating!

Be good if somehow it could be made so that it isnt done during TT as TT sucks and doesnt suit my style of driving. But like you all say TT is without a doubt the most stable enviroment to do it in... or else it would be a 1 lap low fuel new option tyre run in the last seconds of quali 3.

Be good if somehow it could be made so that it isnt done during TT as TT sucks and doesnt suit my style of driving. But like you all say TT is without a doubt the most stable enviroment to do it in... or else it would be a 1 lap low fuel new option tyre run in the last seconds of quali 3.

Maybe thats the idea tho..not only driving skill but a little bit of strategy and luck too.

While I dislike TT as well for its arcade feel it brings to the game, it's the only way to do it fairly , same conditions for everyone.

Doing it in GP mode leaves you to deal with the ai who frequently ruin hotlaps, doing it online you can just set cars to equal and have a virgin at red bull pace, turn off the sims anyway, and there'd be no way for Virgin to verify in which conditions the lap time is set.

CM better give us a full sim TT mode for next year which gives stable track conditions, maybe not tire wear and fuel sim but have the feeling be like now if you're hotlapping with minimal fuel onboard on fresh options and it stays at that point the whole TT session. I feel TT does much more than that and gives you an automatic grip 'cheat' on top of having tires and fuel on optimal quali conditions..

Personally I highly doubt that this competition will be run in a fair way. Another reason why this game should have decent dedicated server support. Would have been perfect for such hotlap competitions.

Oh well, F1 2011 maybe?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies