Oculus Rift, Share Tips, Assetto Corsa

Hi guys!

I have got the DK2 running pretty good and always looking for tips. I will share everything I can remember. If you are thinking of getting an Oculus Rift, I will do my best to answer your questions.

I have had an early DK2 last January 2015 and now have a late production model DK2. Yes there is an improvement in quality. First thing I noticed is the cursor doesn't have a blue and red shadow any more. Driving in AC I am pretty sure looks better, most of all I can see in shadowed areas instead of it being just grey or black.

I am using 0.4.4 SDK Runtime. 0.6 would not recognize most time.

I can not run SLI any more. Although it is clearer then ever before with one GTX 980. When I try to run both cards I get a red flicker. I can get it to stop by hitting the Windows key and clicking out, but then I have a distortion as if I were looking through a beer glass.

I know I would like more clarity in vr but at this point it's more of a runtime software problem then hardware. Kunos can't even start working on the 1.0 runtime because last I checked Oculus is only up to 0.8.

When it does get updated and kunos does their magic I think the DK2 will do much clearer but the screen door effect will still be present.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 15.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 79 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 132 57.6%