Oculus Rift S - release in Spring

WMR works fine with AC. ACC is a bit of hassle, as the VR UI is rendered in an awkward position below your feet. There is a workaround by lifting HMD above your head and recentering the VR view. Kunos are aware of this and haven't fixed it yet.

Or you can do this......

If you go into "Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config" and use a text editor to change vrSettings.json you can change the type from 1 to 2, this makes the menu locked to your face, which isn't ideal because it makes it hard to see things at the edge of the menu because of blur. But if you remember where things are it's somewhat useful.

By the time the new HP is out, ACC will probably work better whit WMR!
For the UI... in Rift its not very impressive.. cant see many thing or see thing in double... so

Upvote 0
I'm gonna get it only because I can probably sell my cv1 with 3 lighthouses for $200, I would like to free up my usb3 slots, and there is currently no 2nd gen headset with the upgrades I want for the price I want. But besides that, it totally seems like a misfire.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I'm gonna get it only because I can probably sell my cv1 with 3 lighthouses for $200, I would like to free up my usb3 slots, and there is currently no 2nd gen headset with the upgrades I want for the price I want. But besides that, it totally seems like a misfire.
From MRTV, message for sim racers at 9:50

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

What the point to buy the new rift vs the hp?
Better controllers tracking, it has 3 more cameras to cover blind spots. Matters for archery in Skyrim, other than that current gen WMR controllers tracking is totally fine.
WMR head tracking is flawless, never had or heard of anyone having any issues with that, as long as you have some lights on.

Upvote 0
Better controllers tracking, it has 3 more cameras to cover blind spots. Matters for archery in Skyrim, other than that current gen WMR controllers tracking is totally fine.
WMR head tracking is flawless, never had or heard of anyone having any issues with that, as long as you have some lights on.

NEVER heard??? Seriously?

The WMR setup is usable but very frustrating if you play room scale much.

I know 3 people with WMR headsets specifically Odysseys and Odyssey + who have told me they have had to work around the limitations of WMR. One told me WMR was really only good for headset only tracking but he throws his in the corner of the room and uses his rift for all room scale games.

This a good reason the Rift S has 5 cameras. If 2 were as good as you claim, why would they bother with 5.

The fact remains that the best gaming hand tracking is from a Vive type setup followed closely by the Rift setup. Even the Rift S is a drop from the current setup and the WMR is a larger drop than that.

I spend 75% of my time in room scale.

FWIW the Oculus Go has a 60-72Hz request rate. Quest has a 72Hz refresh rate. The Rift S 80Hz and the Rift 90Hz.

The Rift S is a headset for "most" people. They've already said the IPD adjustment won't work as well for you if you have a very narrow or wide IPD. Oculus has decided that 80Hz works well for "most" people.

The LED's they use are 3 color per pixel which helps with screen door, by staggering the emitters. The improved optics with larger sweet spot and increased resolution should work really well for people like myself who have and IPD almost dead center.

I'm very much on the fence. My wife would love to get rid of my three Oculus sensors on tripods in our media room. I would like that as well, and I like the fact my existing computer should work well driving it and that it will free up 3 USB 3.0 ports.

It's all upside for me except for the inside out tracking which does not do well whenever the hand controllers are close to your face.

I might get one just in case it is good enough for room scale. I really enjoy the game In Death which is an archery shooter. I've shot enough with archery with recurves in real life to have a pretty well defined draw that would be extremely hard to change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HP says you need at least an RTX 2080 to make the Reverb "pop", but that it will work on a 1070 or 1080. I look forward to hearing how well a 1080Ti can drive this.

As itchy as I am for a new improved headset, I think I'm going to hold off a bit longer and see where the chips fall.

I have some serious doubts about how well my computer would drive the HP and I'm not sure the Rift S is what I want either. I don't think I want to deal with swapping between headsets depending on what I want to do and if I get a new headset that doesn't require sensors, my will will expect them to come down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Dude, you should really brush up your reading comprehension skills, please reread my post one more time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

A bit long but quite informative podcast.
Turned out Rift completely outsorced Rift S to Lenovo to save resources for Quest. Just shows where PC VR is from Oculus perspective.

Skip to 1:24:00

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play