Oculus Rift CV1 Mic question

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hey guys,

I've had the rift for a while now (and its aweeeeeesome) and I've stayed away from organised clubby races whilst I get used to it all etc. I'm feeling the itch to get back to club racing again, but I've got a concern over how to use TeamSpeak with whilst wearing the headset. So the question is, does it have a mic built in, or do I need to get one separate, or is some other trick needing to be employed to have voice chat while using the CV1.

Any advice and guidance appreciated :)

Thanks!

It seems that the CV1 does have a mic, how good it is I dont know. You should be able to map it in teamspeak and try it out.

Alternativewly you could take a look at the ModMic.https://antlionaudio.com/
https://antlionaudio.com/

It's a attachable mic. It's also really good, especially compared to the standard crap they put on gaming headsets.
You should be able to stick that to the rift and run the wire with all the other wires.

A desk mic can also be a option ,but I fear those will pick up all your wheel noises.

Upvote 0
CV1 is an absolute blast and it's what I use exclusively, whether it be single player or club racing.

The headset has a built in mic and it's very decent quality. No need for anything else. Just make sure you set up your rift as the default for your recordings/mic in sound settings, and map team speak to an appropriate button that you can intuitively find and press without seeing in order to activate the mic while driving.

Upvote 0
Trying to find out alittle more about VR if you don't mind me picking your brains :unsure:
How many camera views inside VR ? and which do you use :geek: ?

Camera views depend on the game. In Assetto Corsa for example, you can view all the regular cameras that come with the game inside the CV, such as hood/bonnet cam, dash, dash and wheel, behind the car 3rd person etc. It's just like a normal monitor except everything will be in 3D. Not sure why you would want to race in anything other than cockpit view with the CV as that really puts you inside the car 1:1 and no monitor can replicate

Upvote 0
Camera views depend on the game. In Assetto Corsa for example, you can view all the regular cameras that come with the game inside the CV, such as hood/bonnet cam, dash, dash and wheel, behind the car 3rd person etc. It's just like a normal monitor except everything will be in 3D. Not sure why you would want to race in anything other than cockpit view with the CV as that really puts you inside the car 1:1 and no monitor can replicate

Thx for the answer dude :thumbsup:

Im so happy to hear that and believe me I have no desire to play in anything other than onboard but wanted to know how the VR community race. Unfortunately I am only a peasant VR user but the impending dirt rally has tweaked my interest in how the master-race have adapted with the added time of release :thumbsup:

Tbh I would ideally like to lock the views up but I'm hoping VR will bring the majority of sim racers over from TCam to like you say the 1:1 view.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies