DiRT Rally Oculus Rift coming to DiRT Rally next week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Dirt Rally Occulus Rift Support Upcoming.jpg

On Monday 11th July the much anticipated support for Oculus Rift in DiRT Rally will be available for players to enjoy.

Virtual Reality is a perfect compliment for a rally game and DiRT Rally is arguably the finest current title from that genre available today, many will be highly delighted to see this new addition coming to the title and adding to the growing list of games featuring rift support in recent times.
To help those of us not fortunate enough to have access to Oculus, Codemasters have released the below rift preview video to give players an idea of how the game will feel in virtual reality.

Oculus Rift DiRT Rally preview:

Check out the DiRT Rally forum for news and discussions regarding Codemasters number one rally sim. Join in the fun with your fellow rally fans with our DiRT Rally Racing Club for some sideways online fun!

Do you have DiRT Rally and Rift? Looking forward to the update? Do you think the inclusion of Oculus Rift could tempt you to purchase a headset? Let us know in the comments section below!

Forced to laugh when I see "Dirt Rally" in number 1 !!!!!!
A game that will never be finished and is bugs in number (down servers every day, big lag during ralentits, etc .....)
For PC gamers, nothing in corrections, but for consoles everything is implemented for corrections.
After purchasing a promising games there a year and a half, and although nothing more on the PC version. thank you Paul (menssongère interview)

Yours

Forced to laugh when I see "Dirt Rally" in number 1 !!!!!!
A game that will never be finished and is bugs in number (down servers every day, big lag during ralentits, etc .....)
For PC gamers, nothing in corrections, but for consoles everything is implemented for corrections.
After purchasing a promising games there a year and a half, and although nothing more on the PC version. thank you Paul (menssongère interview)

Yours
I agree with you !
Since this game had been released for consoles, this is really a mess with the last two patches on PC.
Minecraft (or Lego) shadows, Pike Peaks less difficult, wrong leaderboards, Racenet crazy, busy or lazy, etc...
Well, I bought this game since the 1st day of the early access, I enjoy it very much but the fact is Codemasters put all their skills for the consoles and It's just a shame for the Dirt Rally on PC community !
2 months and a half (YES !) without any little patch for simply cure the wheel knockings on the rallycross and when It's done, Minecraft shadows appeared and other problems !
What's the hell with this great simulation !?

Frankly, I don't care about Oculus Rift.
It's for a minority of gamers or virtual drivers and the priority is the needing to get this simulation right again... for the majority !

Last edited:
Yep. Bought & paid for & due be delivered 13/10/16 :thumbsup:
From what I read the delivery time in the US is 2-4 days and in Europe it's only 2 weeks anymore, so depending on where you live you might get your Rift even faster than that :thumbsup:

Back when I first tried Dirt with my DK2 it was pretty irritating that the in-game steering wheel would stop turning after 90°. I hope this has been fixed or that you can disable the in-game steering wheel.

From what I read the delivery time in the US is 2-4 days and in Europe it's only 2 weeks anymore, so depending on where you live you might get your Rift even faster than that :thumbsup:

Back when I first tried Dirt with my DK2 it was pretty irritating that the in-game steering wheel would stop turning after 90°. I hope this has been fixed or that you can disable the in-game steering wheel.

Sorry I'm not part of the Elite but it's the PlayStation VR on October 13th.

Anyway we all be VR buddies soon ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea