obutto Cockpit

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Scott Malcolm, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Scott Malcolm

Scott Malcolm

Ratings:
    +21
    Looking for some advice guys. I just ordered one but I now have a problem. The monitor I currently have doesn't have the VESA pattern on the back of it to mount it to the monitor bracket.

Apart from buying a new monitor (last resort) does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

2. Charles Huffstetler

Charles Huffstetler

Ratings:
    +52
    Well how handy are you? You can take the back off the monitor and attach a piece of ply and screw from the back side of monitor so you can use a vesa mount. I built an extended table to set my samsung on before I made a triple monitor rig. It was attached to the wheel table via some screws. I have some epoxy glue that is super strong could glue a mount on back of monitor....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kenny Duval

Kenny Duval

Ratings:
    +99
    Yep...a piece of 3/8 plywood some captive nuts with screws and you should be in business.

These are what you are after.
    [​IMG]
    Make sure the screws are the correct length and the rest should be simple.

4. Scott Malcolm

Scott Malcolm

Ratings:
    +21
    Cheers guys.

It arrives on Friday. Going to try the monitor sitting on the table top and see how it goes if not I know a Joiner who can make me a bracket to got on the monitor mount. I'm looking ay a 24in tv/monitor that has the holes in the back just need to save the pennies.

5. Scott Malcolm

Scott Malcolm

Ratings:
    +21
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!! what a piece of kit this is. Loving it!!!!!! FOV works really well with iracing now. I got the extra table top and just put my monitor on there for the time being and it works really well, will do for the time being.

Only gripe I have (small one) is the instruction are really vague you have to try work it out for yourself , took me around 2.5hrs to bulid and setup , but well worth it.