Objects popping into view.

I mentioned this in another thread, but would like to know if there is a fix. (I realise I could drive at a different time of the day)

it only happens when the sun is low in the sky. I thought the tents were popping up out of no where, but it is actually the light hitting them as you get closer.

SM2lX3h.gif

Is there anything I can do about this that anyone can suggest?

Track modders say AC reduced their clipping distance a few builds back and there is no way to override it.
Can't be that issue, that one's something like 10km, it only limits distant hill type scenery.

I think it's just them being in shadow for some reason until you get closer. Hard to tell for sure with the gif.

Can't be that issue, that one's something like 10km, it only limits distant hill type scenery.

I think it's just them being in shadow for some reason until you get closer. Hard to tell for sure with the gif.

That is what it is for sure. It feels like you are driving around in a globe of light, if that makes sense.

Will try and get video of it. (Anyone know how to get Shadowplay to work on triples?) :)

(Anyone know how to get Shadowplay to work on triples?)

I think that it doesn't work With nvidia surround on... At least this is the official statement from nvidia forums. There are other free recording software that may record 5760X1080 resolution, but the result was not satisfactory when I tried them (choppy video, bad quality, even at 30 fps). I suppose that my PC's spec are low for such heavy tasks (i7 3770, GTX 970, 16 GB RAM)...

I suppose that my PC's spec are low for such heavy tasks (i7 3770, GTX 970, 16 GB RAM)...

I have very similar specs and I've used OBS to record fairly good quality video plenty of times. It has lots of options to let you change the bit rate, resolution, etc., even with surround on I can tell it to record at 1920x1080 so it just records the center screen.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.