Nvidia Surround pillarbox

Fleskebacon

Premium
I have a triple screen setup running Nvidia Surround on three 1920x1080 G-Sync monitors. It works pretty well for me.

But for games with no proper triple monitor support (like the recent WRC), I would like to run a pillarbox resolution, like 3840x1080.

Can this be done?

The closest I have come to what I seek, is disabling Surround mode, running windowed mode and resizing the window to proper size with SRWE. But with this method, G-Sync can only work on the centre monitor, which is not optimal, to say the least. It's also a pain to disable/enable surround mode for one single game.

Running windowed mode in surround doesn't work with G-Sync, it needs to be fullscreen.

I have been able to create the correct resolution for Surround, but it stretches across all three monitors, instead of pillarboxing. The scaling options in NV control panel have no effect. When I disable Surround mode, these options work properly, but that doesn't help me. Doesn't matter if I set GPU/display/aspect or whatever - it only stretches across all monitors.

So, I have to use both Surround and run in proper fullscreen mode, for G-Sync to work across all monitors. This is an absolute, because running G-Sync is a must for me. So running windowed mode, borderless etc. are not really valid options.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.