F1 2011 Nvidia low frame problem

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there,

I think it is a known issue. My friend has a Intel CPU with a GTX 560TI and can get only under 30 frames with high settings, even when he lowers the resolution. Wit medium settings he still gets about 30 frames max. The funny thing is, MSI afterburner shows the gpu usage around only 30% and clockspeed drops automatically to 405 mhz ingame, while the card has a normal clockspeed of 830mhz in menu. It's like the gpu isn't correct recognized and therefor doesn't get in gamemode.

For comparison, I have a GTX 460 OC to 870mhz with a AMD Phenom x965 and I'm getting avg. 60fps at 1680x1050 with 4xmsaa and all settings to Ultra.

Any ideas, what my freind can do about it?

Greetings
Carsten

The game is also very processor dependant. If you have a quad core or better, you should be able to get around 60fps. If you have a dual core, you will only get around 30fps.

I have a 3.2 dual core with GTX 460 and it peaks at 30fps. I will try the performance setting, but I am no optimistic that it will work, as I think I've tried this before.

I've got a Core 2 Quad Q6600. Quad core, 2.4ghz, and seem to be limited to 30fps while my 9600 GT's utilization peaks at 60%. And as this is a desktop, I've already tweaked the power management settings for the best performance possible. :(

It seems, that switching the audio to software did the trick. Now my friend is getting avg. 50fps, which seems ok, cause he has an older Intel Core to Quad running with his GTX560TI.

there are two sound systems available for the game, both are software based (software & raptor). I actually bought a sound card for my pc for F1 2010, in the hopes that it would run faster, I later discovered that the card I had bought was not compatible for the game ><

My system:
Game/System: Processor Intel Core 2 DUO E8500 @ 4.0 - EVGA nForce 680i (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 - 4x2GB Corsair DDR2 800 C5 DIMMs - Evga 580GTX - Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Seagate 200 GB, Seagate 300 GB
Philips 247E LPH - Enermax 600 Watt - Windows XP Home Edition.

Did a dual-boot XP and Windows 7

Windows 7 : average beginning of a race 36 FPS and XP 76 FPS wooow !!!! what a difference same settings !!

So XP is still the best gamer :thumb:

Can't be Nvidia-related, I have a GTX 55TI, getting 80fps. CPU-related, I'd say. What CPU exactly is he running?

Change the hardware_settings.config to use workermap4core.xml, and set the processors to 3-3-1-0-2-3 in instead of 1-1-0-0-0-1 in the same section.

My system:
Game/System: Processor Intel Core 2 DUO E8500 @ 4.0 - EVGA nForce 680i (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 - 4x2GB Corsair DDR2 800 C5 DIMMs - Evga 580GTX - Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Seagate 200 GB, Seagate 300 GB
Philips 247E LPH - Enermax 600 Watt - Windows XP Home Edition.

Did a dual-boot XP and Windows 7

Windows 7 : average beginning of a race 36 FPS and XP 76 FPS wooow !!!! what a difference same settings !!

So XP is still the best gamer :thumb:
I see you are on the same CPU I have. looks like XP still is the win.

I think that's because xp doesn't support dx 11
I got i5 2500k 4gb ram and gtx580 on ultrahigh with hd mod to all cars and some tracks like monaco i got avg 40 fps in benchmark on 1920x1080 which seems a bit low for me
also sometimes i have freezes during playing, gonna try changing raptor to software hope its gonna help

I think that's because xp doesn't support dx 11
I got i5 2500k 4gb ram and gtx580 on ultrahigh with hd mod to all cars and some tracks like monaco i got avg 40 fps in benchmark on 1920x1080 which seems a bit low for me
also sometimes i have freezes during playing, gonna try changing raptor to software hope its gonna help
Yeah that does seem a bit low for your specs. I have similar specs (i7 2600k, 8gb ram, GTX 580) and I average 87 fps in the benchmark with the same resolution.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.