Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti leak reveals a very powerful graphics card

I realize DLSS is not supported, I always said "hopeful"

The list of DLSS games is now 25+

Why lower resolution spending $1200

DLSS offers the same image quality at same resolution as TAA and with sustainable fps gain ...that is what simmers need always more fps ;)

In essence DLSS will replace the RTX loss and more

I still don't understand negativity from some
How many games supported VR way back when ?
How many sims still don't support VR ? lol

3 screens, 4K VR and new gen sims they are all fps breakers
DLSS is a fps maker

The game is not listed as supporting DLSS, RTX features but Ray Tracing only.
Want higher frames, thats easy, lower the resolution and increase the distance to the screen.
120Hz Full HD 1080p HDR projectors are out next year which may be a fun option to game on
Not sure about HDR with projectors? 'HDR" is used very loosely as a sales word.
That said projectors are great for gaming.
For a long time I used one for both race and flight sims. Got a little annoying pulling a cockpit in position every time I want to use it so got a nice monitor and VR setup.
Did a lot of that in 1280 X 800. 120hz, 3D

Looks like the German VR benchmark confirmed RobertR1 Post#188 that you will get CPU bounded real fast if you do not go crazy high with the resolution?

Not sure about HDR with projectors? 'HDR" is used very loosely as a sales word.
That said projectors are great for gaming.
For a long time I used one for both race and flight sims. Got a little annoying pulling a cockpit in position every time I want to use it so got a nice monitor and VR setup.
Did a lot of that in 1280 X 800. 120hz, 3D

Looks like the German VR benchmark confirmed RobertR1 Post#188 that you will get CPU bounded real fast if you do not go crazy high with the resolution?

98945bdcca345cd60f19ae547f2d566a38995ad7.png

Yep. Outside of fallout 4 which seems to be a gpu bottleneck at the higher res, it’s clear that you want to crank up as many GPU taxing settings to move the bottleneck towards the GPU for VR. I think people underestimate the CPU tax for VR because it’s quite different how it compares to traditional 2D resolution scaling where the GPU quickly becomes the bottleneck at lower resolutions.

What ingame settings did he use for AC?

Listing to it again it sounded like he used Medium settings for AC. My German is very rusty!
No overclocking on nether CPU nor GPU's
Believe it was Fallout 4 that used highest settings.

Been trying out LFS even with add on high res textures my old GTX 970 can maintain +90 fps at all times.
Not that I compare modern titles to LFS but still maybe we are also seeing some very un-optimized programing.

I realize DLSS is not supported, I always said "hopeful"

The list of DLSS games is now 25+

Why lower resolution spending $1200

DLSS offers the same image quality at same resolution as TAA and with sustainable fps gain ...that is what simmers need always more fps ;)

In essence DLSS will replace the RTX loss and more

I still don't understand negativity from some
How many games supported VR way back when ?
How many sims still don't support VR ? lol

3 screens, 4K VR and new gen sims they are all fps breakers
DLSS is a fps maker

Well we need SIMS to support DLSS and people have the hardware. "Hope" does not improve the situation or facts that it looks it could be quite a while before a SIM is using DLSS.

People, however, will be able to enjoy RT with ACC next year (or sooner) and there is nothing inherently wrong with 1080p and maintaining high frame rates desired maybe more than increased resolution.

Clearly it looks like 4K with some titles is still too demanding for those seeking over 100Hz to work on their expensive and fancy displays. I wonder with visual quality will people end up preferring non RT 4K graphics when it comes to ACC (at least) or a lower resolution with RT options ramped to max?

Ultrawide or Super Ultrawide with 1440p looks to be the ideal for improved visual resolution and framerate. We will see a lot of new 32" and larger HDR 10bit monitors appearing this year to fill this market sector and in the UK around £500-£600. Some are releasing soon.

Last edited:
Yes mate, hope :)

We can only wait and see if RTX sales climb and hopefully bring more on board

DLSS for me is a no brainier, if a developers titles run xx% faster then similar TAA titles while looking as good or better that is a boon..
If they could produce a mid level card supported DLSS it would be great for the masses........I know RTX won't be in 2060 but may be able to do DLSS ...hope

So I finally upgraded the rest of my PC to compliment the 2080ti

Old setup:
2600k @ 4.6ghz
16gb 1600mhz DDR3 RAM
2080ti (replaced a 980ti which kickstarted this whole upgrade process)

New setup:
8086k @ 5.0ghz
16gb 3600mhz DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte Z390 Auros Pro with wifi mobo
2080ti (same)
BeQuiet Dark 4 air cooler

Rest of the parts carried over: case, PSU, SSD, rift, rig parts etc.

There is a night and day difference in consistency of frame rate. I just got done driving on a public server online with 30 cars doing Nords Tourist laps and stayed at 90fps in VR. I choose this server because of the cars on it are slower and it's filled with drifters so it's a great torture test. Previously, this would be a stutter fest with a shimmering that I'd either have to put up with and hope I get clean space or succumb to motion sickness.

For synthetics, my 3D Mark TimeSpy CPU score went from ~3,800 to ~8200.

My Witcher 3 run through of fighting ghouls in a marsh spamming everything with all settings maxed at 2560x1600p went from dipping under 50's to staying above 100.

It's not the absolute frame rate that was the issue as when the CPU isn't being tasked the GPU can stretch it's legs. It was large dips and stuttering that would occur when the CPU needed to pull it's weight, especially in VR, AI heavy and particle heavy instances. That's when there was a glaring bottleneck.

I will say that CoffeeLake is a lot more difficult to overclock than SandyBridge and it took me quite some time to catch up on the RAM timings and voltage gotchas to get a stable 5ghz on air on all cores along with CAS15 timings @ 3600mhz on the RAM. Temps stay sub 80's and in the coming days I'll fine tune the vcore but I'm comfortable running this setup 24/7 with messing around with profiles.

On a side note, I did a "reset" of windows 10 and in hindsight, I should have done a clean install because the reset seems have carries over settings that are a bit odd from before. So annyoingly I'lll need to move my data off this box and then do a clean build.

In summary, I'd say that Sandy Bridge was a good match for the 980ti and probably the last viable combo at the high end. The 2080ti needs the best out there and even then you really need to OC it to a decent level.

Update: I'd recommend staying way from Gigabyte motherboards. As I mentioned earlier, I found the CoffeeLake setup to be a lot harder to overclock than SandyBridge. This was mainly around the memory and voltage side. Long story short, the Gigabyte boards have decent build quality and price point but sorely lacking in the BIOS and testing category to the point it's hard to get one to post past 3800mhz speed with either loose or tight timings. Coupled that with some shoddy USB behavior, I plan to return the Gigabyte board and move to either the Asus Gene (if released in time of my return window) or the Asrock Taichi or MSI Pro Carbon. Hopefully all three will be well tested by the time the NDA lifts on the 19th.

Another observation, the 8086k runs hot and you need to either de-lid or make sure you have good case thermals. Don't go cheap with a cooler and don't go past 5.0ghz on air. The jump to heat in proportion to the performance gain didn't seem worth it to me. Not for 24/7 running.

Got the same issues with ram on a Gigabyte MB a Z270. So that MB will also be my last Gigabyte purchase and that was after receiving 2 faulty MB that before that.:(
Unfortunately I wasn't home for 2 months when the 3th arrived.
Mine will not work in Dual Channel mode. and I gave up getting it over 2800 despite it is 3400 MHz ram. And worked as such on a Asrock MB.

Good luck with the upgrades.

Any of you GTX2080Ti guys experience any issues with your cards?
I just read an article at Guru3d.com, essentially stating that a lot of the cards are just failing without warning.
They pointed to the Nvidia forums as well.

Update: I'd recommend staying way from Gigabyte motherboards.
Dang it, I just bought one. I got the Z390 Ultra, will be running the 8086 too. I'll have liquid cooling on it.

I'm moving from an ASUS board running a i7 2600k and with that board I just went into the bios changed one multiplier and that was it, job done.

Dang it, I just bought one. I got the Z390 Ultra, will be running the 8086 too. I'll have liquid cooling on it.

I'm moving from an ASUS board running a i7 2600k and with that board I just went into the bios changed one multiplier and that was it, job done.

As long as you're not running high frequency RAM you'll be fine. It's got poor RAM support and BIOS is well behind someone like Asus. Do not use the auto AI to overclock. Your vcore will be crazy high.

Manually set LLC to Turbo. Vcore between 1.30 - 1.35 MCE disabled, XMP = Profile 1 Core frequency = 50. Going past 5.0ghz without a de-lid, even with watercooling, will spike temps in stress tests.

Start from there and tune down the vcore as low as you can get it as always.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.3%