Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

I'm not sure if i asked this before or seen your answer, so please tell me, @reuteman: Is this strictly a 3D modelling project or will this be also driveable in GSCE ?

I know it's WIP thread, but still, these renders look too good/detailed for the GSCE engine and I'm not sure if you intend to use these in the game or not. Surely you'll need to lower the fidelity and detail drastically or it will kill the fps...

Can you post an ingame image of a car ? ;)
Jan!
This model has the same number of polygons that the BT44. In fact, I received help from Renato. The engine model is from Reiza, also the tires. Im finishing the cockpit textures, then, ill put this car in game
Greetings!

How about the physics ?
Is it FRetro physics or will it be done by someone else ? Are your cars from the same year as FRetro ? Thanks

Well, in 1st place, the phisycs will be the same of the retro cars. My focus is 75-76 cars. In the future, I will use other platforms, such as rf2, in fact, I have modeled my own engine and my own tyres...But this project was born to accompany the retro cars.
Recently, an old friend is helping me with the skins (chiefwiggum, we work togheter in the f1 71 conversion from f1ch to rfactor). As always i said, any help is welcome. I'm a lover of these cars.
;)

I'm not sure if i asked this before or seen your answer, so please tell me, @reuteman: Is this strictly a 3D modelling project or will this be also driveable in GSCE ?

I know it's WIP thread, but still, these renders look too good/detailed for the GSCE engine and I'm not sure if you intend to use these in the game or not. Surely you'll need to lower the fidelity and detail drastically or it will kill the fps...

Can you post an ingame image of a car ? ;)

I was thinking about the amount of polygons ....
So I opened my 3ds max and checked:
My model has even 300 polygons less than the original Brabham BT44 Reiza Model.
So... I have 300 polys to improve :confused:;):laugh: !!!!

ehgk0y.jpg

Recently, an old friend is helping me with the skins (chiefwiggum, we work togheter in the f1 71 conversion from f1ch to rfactor). As always i said, any help is welcome. I'm a lover of these cars.
;)
chiefwiggum is still active? my greetings to one of the co-creators of my favourite retro f1 mod! well ok, until reiza made their one :D

Yeah reuteman, i'm sory, i knew all about u and slimjim but i thought chiefwiggum has retired from the "sport". Looks like a reunion of the team could be under way? Well actually theres one missing, wolferl :)
Ps: happy birthday to slimjim!

just drop the reiza gfx into the hardwareshaders folder like on 3dsimed?

edit: ok not that easy -.- everywhere i read about the 3dsmax2010 and the gmt plugin... a lot things i can find are very old with dead links... also i have downloaded 3dsmax2014 but cant find anything about importing gmt there -.-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back