DiRT Rally 2.0 Now Dirt 2.0 will not recognise left steering input

Having a bad day with this game today - after not being able to open the game in VR mode, now when I open in normal screen mode, it will only recognise steering to the right, it will not let me assign left steering. It's as if the left steering input is not recognised in game.

The wheel is the Fanatec Carbon type, on a DD CSW base. It is recognised in windows OK, and in AC / ACC / AMS and AMS2 no problems

It also will not let me change the default input controller from keyboard

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Les

Last edited:
I did a complete uninstall and reinstall to see if I could get this up and running.

The reinstall cured the issue of the wheel movement not being recognised, and I was able to set the major controls. It also automatically assigned the Fanatec wheel as the primary controller. One issue I had was that despite being able to assign the 'gear up / gear down' buttons to my sequential shift (on a Bodnar board) it would not recognise it in game, despite recognising the H pattern box assignments on the very same Bodnar board. I was testing using the Lancia Stratos, is the gear up / down function disabled for this car?

As for the VR, the reload did nothing. The intro video of the two Rally Cross cars followed by the Audi Qattro plays, until the 'DIRT 2.0' splash screen, freezes for maybe 20 seconds then restarts the video. Again, the only way to get out of it is CTRL-ALT-DEL and use the task manager to end the Dirt 2.0 process

If anyone has the G2 and is able t use it in Dirt 2.0, is there anything you had to do to to make it work?

Cheers

Les

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes