Nothing above CSP 0.1.76 works...

Hi All,

I am fairly new to AC and thought to give the paid Patreon version a check and use the rain effects etc.

I am having the following error Message when installing the 0.1.80-preview 115 file:

Error might have something to do with:

00007FFDACEF238C (d3d11): (filename not available): D3D11CreateDevice
00007FFDACEF22FE (d3d11): (filename not available): D3D11CreateDevice
AC\kgl.cpp (1442): createDeviceAndSwapChain
AC\kgl.cpp (1508): initDX11
AC\kgl.cpp (92): kglInit
AC\graphicsmanager.cpp (69): GraphicsManager::GraphicsManager
AC\game.cpp (23): Game::Game
AC\acs.cpp (450): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
00007FFDB57055A0 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFDB688485B (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

I can upload the logs if it helps, even tried completely deleting everything and reinstalling the game with no mods except Content manager and nothing above CSP 0.1.76 works... I already lost quite a few hours trying to make things work but man, this is annoying. Not for the Patreon payment, that is not much but it is annoying that I seem to be the only one having this issue.

-Tried reinstalling the game from scratch
-All drivers/windows updates are the newest
-Tried checking game file integrity etc...
-Tried previous CSP versions, nothing above 0.1.76 wors, no other mods installed

I have a fairly capable PC Ryzen 3600, 16 GB of RAM and Nvidia RTX 3070

Can someone please help me? Posting on the Patreon page did not help to get a response.

Last edited:
Have you ran the game WITHOUT using content manager? You need to do that at least once. Load the game from the steam launcher, get in a car and go for a drive.
I did. And it runs well. If I disable CSP it also runs with cm. The weirdest part is that it works with 0.1.76 preview... Now there is the lack of logic. So as an update, today I reinstalled Windows and the same. I have no idea what is wrong with my specific setup. Changed nothing in windows, everything else works and nothing above 0.1.76 seems to run on my system. I always encounter this same error whatever I do... Tried everything possible without luck...

Check if there is a crashXXXX.report available in your logs-folder. Best delete everything in logs and start a session. Upload the crashXXXX.report somewhere and post the url.

But another questions first:
1. How did you install the "crashing" CSP-versions? Did you update from a prior version or did you chose clean old shaders?
2. Are your CSP-settings all on default? If no, delete everything in "Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension" and restart CM. Dont worry, those files will be recreated.

And I strongly recommend to turn off Motion Blur in AC settings.

Check if there is a crashXXXX.report available in your logs-folder. Best delete everything in logs and start a session. Upload the crashXXXX.report somewhere and post the url.

1. How did you install the "crashing" CSP-versions? Did you update from a prior version or did you chose clean old shaders?
2. Are your CSP-settings all on default? If no, delete everything in "Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension" and restart CM. Dont worry, those files will be recreated.

Thanks for the answer.
1. Updated from free version. It crashed. Tried all the versions from Patreon and only the one mentioned 0.1.76 worked, nothing above it
2. I deleted the whole documents folder, tried it before, didn't work

I finally decided to reinstall windows. Tried everything else and now it works fine. Basically there was something wrong on my side probably... Sorry and thank you for trying to help.

And surprise surprise... I now have the same error again. It was working fine for a few days and without actually changing anything it has the same error. Uploaded the logs here:

I genuinely have no idea what is going on. I turned off the PC yesterday with exactly the same settings, cars, track and tried playing today - same error.

Onedrive is still active!
Code:
Watching directory: 'C:\Users\belab\OneDrive\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension'
in custom_shaders_patch.log
Thanks, for some reason it still tried to look for that folder but onedrive is completely removed, uninstalled the app, removed folder, redownloaded Assetto and set Content Manager to default by deleting %LocalAppData%\AcTools Content Manager folder, set it up again and the same error again so probably not due to OneDrive...

From the log I see that it gets an error after the following:

Code:
2023-02-10T18:56:50:185 [10224] | DEBUG | Offscreen DirectX device for MMF is ready for future use
2023-02-10T18:56:50:449 [10224] | ERROR | Crash! Trying to generate nice dump: 000000F93A2FDC40

Below the new logs without OneDrive

Oh boy. The only idea I have left, try another gpu driver.

I guess as everyone you're using the latest game ready driver from nvidia. Try the latest studio driver please.
And manually download and install DirextX 11 please. My best bet now, communication between CSP, DirextX and your GPU driver is messed up, or a file from DirectX is maybe missing or damaged, unneeded by AC but required by the newer versions of CSP.

Oh boy. The only idea I have left, try another gpu driver.

I guess as everyone you're using the latest game ready driver from nvidia. Try the latest studio driver please.
And manually download and install DirextX 11 please. My best bet now, communication between CSP, DirextX and your GPU driver is messed up, or a file from DirectX is maybe missing or damaged, unneeded by AC but required by the newer versions of CSP.
Yeah, tried all those options, still the same. Looks like I am stuck at the old versions and with a PC setup nobody has issues with... All other games run fine but this one just gives me headaches... I give up though... No fun, just annoying for me like this.

Well, maybe ask in the discord of CSP: https://discord.gg/SWryb5V

I'm there too and there are many guys who know a lot more about CSP.
I managed to fix it. It seems like the new CSP is not compatible with Aida64 and Fraps. I have a small display in my PC which shows fps and temps/loads and as long as that is active, the game crashes. Only this game. So after several new windows reinstalls it looks like I found the aps that were causing issues... The fact that 0.1.76 works with these apps is still weird but now at least I can close them and play with the new CSP too.

So if anyone happens to use these 2 apps they will cause issues. I hope this will help someone who is in the same rare situation I was in...

I managed to fix it. It seems like the new CSP is not compatible with Aida64 and Fraps. I have a small display in my PC which shows fps and temps/loads and as long as that is active, the game crashes. Only this game. So after several new windows reinstalls it looks like I found the aps that were causing issues... The fact that 0.1.76 works with these apps is still weird but now at least I can close them and play with the new CSP too.

So if anyone happens to use these 2 apps they will cause issues. I hope this will help someone who is in the same rare situation I was in...
Thank you! I have the exact same issue as your and disable Fraps works!
It doesn't work with most modren DX12 and Valkun titles, but somehow I kept it running at background as I prefer it for old games, but seems AC with CSP is nolonger "old"!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.